Outcast Is this normal???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i rrmplaced the pinion and it lasted only a few days before it started to look like the old pinion i have a 15t pinion from arrma and it has a slight wear marks
I always get the same gear,esh everytime if when i turn the sput and i have one spot where its hard to turn my gearmesh is too tight

you answered your own question buddy... you replaced a pinion and installed it against a used worn spur...

Opened my actual power module here are the pinion and spur
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

you answered your own question buddy... you replaced a pinion and installed it against a used worn spur...
No i used a brand new spur gear when i remplaced the pinion
Forgot to say that but when i remplaced the pinion i used the brand new slipper clutch never used that HH sended me

I think you are toying with us those gears look fine.

I think you are toying with us those gears look fine.
My camera is bad
image.jpg

I think im making a fool of myself at this point the edges of the spur are a bit rounded the rest is still in good shape the pinion i just removed from my motor is a bit worn just a bit going to put a 14T robinson racing pinion after all there is a reason why people use robinson racing pinions has an ulgrade from day 1
I think what happened is just my gearmesh was wrong at this point causing the pinion to hit hard on the spur gear causing exesive wear on the pinion and rounding the side of the spur gear teeths

Last edited:
My camera is badView attachment 69763
I think im making a fool of myself at this point the edges of the spur are a bit rounded the rest is still in good shape the pinion i just removed from my motor is a bit worn just a bit going to put a 14T robinson racing pinion after all there is a reason why people use robinson racing pinions has an ulgrade from day 1
I think what happened is just my gearmesh was wrong at this point causing the pinion to hit hard on the spur gear causing exesive wear on the pinion and rounding the side of the spur gear teeths
Yes, this is what I was saying. The spur will not mesh well with a new pinion.

Yes, this is what I was saying. The spur will not mesh well with a new pinion.
When i say rounded is that the side of each face of the spur will not touch the pinion the first spur gear is done i think he is good for the bin now but the one im using for now 4 months i think is in ok shape i will see when i go at my hobbyshop

You ask for help and I and another have given you the same answer and refused to acknowledge it. That spur is worn take it or leave it.

I say change as a set.( Pin. and spur). Watch not only mesh but pinion alignment to the spur. Changing only one will just cost more in the end.(y). They have served well.:D

The other car i could get when i sell it will be the 6s kraton and i will need to spend and extra 500$ on it because i could sell the car for 400$ then the kraton 6s is 880 with taxes included + lipos and minor uogrades not happening
Idk why im the only one having those kind of issues
Kevin talbot is killing the crap of it oucast 4s and he did not have any drivetrain issues
Your not the only one having issues with your Kraton ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back