Big Rock Is this normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keaton228

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Brand new Big Rock. Noticed this chunk out of the hex…kind of annoying honestly.
image.jpg

A new hex?

Yes. It looks like it chipped and to me that would be a defect in materials. If you go to Horizon’s website it will instruct you on how to submit a warranty claim (if in the US). Send them photos, a copy of your receipt and your info and they will send you a new part. One thing Horizon has been good about is warranty claims (at least in the US).

Yes. It looks like it chipped and to me that would be a defect in materials. If you go to Horizon’s website it will instruct you on how to submit a warranty claim (if in the US). Send them photos, a copy of your receipt and your info and they will send you a new part. One thing Horizon has been good about is warranty claims (at least in the US).
Ok. I did that last night. Hopefully I’ll hear back soon! I know they won’t do this but when it comes to the amount of money spent on product I feel like they should replace the whole thing if it has a defect but that’s just me if I owned the company. I’ve always thought it unacceptable to receive a product worth a lot of money to have issues right out the gate.

Ok. I did that last night. Hopefully I’ll hear back soon! I know they won’t do this but when it comes to the amount of money spent on product I feel like they should replace the whole thing if it has a defect but that’s just me if I owned the company. I’ve always thought it unacceptable to receive a product worth a lot of money to have issues right out the gate.
For something that small I would not waste my time to put a claim in to just get back another junk peice..why bother lol.i can see if it was a motor or esc or something else of value but for this little peice I'd just buy something better after market.
Wouldn't even make sense to put a claim on a stripped grub screws.

For something that small I would not waste my time to put a claim in to just get back another junk peice..why bother lol.i can see if it was a motor or esc or something else of value but for this little peice I'd just buy something better after market.
Wouldn't even make sense to put a claim on a stripped grub screws.
Free is free. Especially if the money has already been spent to buy a new truck, it should be repaired to the condition you'd expect to buy it in.

OP, i'd keep working on that warranty process and in the mean time, just keep running the hex. I don't foresee it posing an issue. As long as the grub screw can still engage at least a few thread you should be fine. Besides, that grub screw just holds the hex in place if you take off the wheel--it's not "necessary". All of the torque is transferred from the axles to the hex via the drive pin.

Free is free. Especially if the money has already been spent to buy a new truck, it should be repaired to the condition you'd expect to buy it in.

OP, i'd keep working on that warranty process and in the mean time, just keep running the hex. I don't foresee it posing an issue. As long as the grub screw can still engage at least a few thread you should be fine. Besides, that grub screw just holds the hex in place if you take off the wheel--it's not "necessary". All of the torque is transferred from the axles to the hex via the drive pin.
Nothing is ever free..cost will allways get pushed back to the customer.one way or another. 👍

Nothing is ever free..cost will allways get pushed back to the customer.one way or another. 👍
Arrma warranties for faulty RC components. Simply put, that's their policy. Pretty sure they have factored in warranties into their business model. If not, then it was never sustainable to begin with and Arrma is doomed from the start.

I'd say this more than anything would be a great example of something to use it for, since it should have arrive from the factory with the correct/working components.

My sentiments exactly. I spent hundreds, and while, yes, I should just upgrade the hexes, I’d like to wait until I break them not when they’re broken right away out the box. Thank you, this makes me feel a lot better. As long as it won’t break something else for me to continue running this hex, I’ll keep running it. Also, the grub screw isn’t the issue here, it’s the chunk that came out of the hex.

Arrma warranties for faulty RC components. Simply put, that's their policy. Pretty sure they have factored in warranties into their business model. If not, then it was never sustainable to begin with and Arrma is doomed from the start.

I'd say this more than anything would be a great example of something to use it for, since it should have arrive from the factory with the correct/working components.

My sentiments exactly. I spent hundreds, and while, yes, I should just upgrade the hexes, I’d like to wait until I break them not when they’re broken right away out the box. Thank you, this makes me feel a lot better. As long as it won’t break something else for me to continue running this hex, I’ll keep running it. Also, the grub screw isn’t the issue here, it’s the chunk that came out of the hex.
What I meant is that yes he can put a claim for that since it's under warranty but what I was saying was the company won't eat that loss..they will send a new one but the cost is still spread out towards other future purchases.
What I meant is that yes he can put a claim for that since it's under warranty but what I was saying was the company won't eat that loss..they will send a new one but the cost is still spread out towards other future purchases.i can imagine how many claims they receive..those costs per year add up and everytime some one buys a $900.00 rc that cost is added in

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back