Is this safe enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheez

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Nero
  4. Senton 3s
My first time soldering ec5 connector to ESC. connects okay to battery, but my shrink didn’t cover completely...?
image.jpg

For EC5 connectors, I find that you can get away without using heat shrink. However, from the looks of your pics, the connector doesn't seem to be seated all the way into the plug. It should sit flush - not with the end sticking out. Are you sure you're using the kind of plug that are designed for theconnector plugs to be pushed in from the bottom instead of the top?

From what I can ? in your photo, they look like the kind that are installed from the back. ?
Did you hear a click or pop when you pushed them in? That usually lets you know they are fully seated.

For EC5 connectors, I find that you can get away without using heat shrink. However, from the looks of your pics, the connector doesn't seem to be seated all the way into the plug. It should sit flush - not with the end sticking out. Are you sure you're using the kind of plug that are designed for theconnector plugs to be pushed in from the bottom instead of the top?
This ^ they are nowhere near being far enough into the connector, some guys find it easier to go in the other way.

I used these

View attachment 111557
And I assume after watching video inserting from behind is correct
I've used those exact kinds of connectors from Maclan. They're indeed supposed to be inserted from behind. Like slick2500 mentioned, you should hear a click when it's seated properly. I would remove the heat shrink, at least the bit covering the connector; otherwise, you'll have a hard time pushing the connector into the plug.

This ^ they are nowhere near being far enough into the connector, some guys find it easier to go in the other way.

?I’m not connecting to battery, I’m connecting to esc , I think my flaw is excess solder on the outside of the bullet. While didn’t give me “click”
So do I cut and start over or is it within safety limits?

looks like you have a bunch of solder on the outside of the bullet, so its not going to press in and click like its supposed to.
if you have a desoldering bulb, i would take it back apart, suck as much solder as possible off of the outside, and redo it and try not to get any on the outside.
what i used to do when i ran ec5's was put the connector face down, stick the wire with the bullet into the back(top), and use my 1.5mm driver on the edge of the bullet to press down till it snapped in.
or just get rid of them and go xt90 ?‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back