Is this serious?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*420+3RC*

420+3RC
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
I just swapped servo on my big rock. After I set my steering endpoints I noticed this rubber washer/gasket around the drive shaft. No idea where it woulda came from? Anyone else know? don't wanna run it till I know.

20210508_015655.jpg

20210508_015655~2.jpg

After i mount it? It's not mounted already? Sry a freakin newb here. Tryin to learn asap but both rigs ( Granite v3 blx, Big Rock blx now) I've had so far have given me fits with servos and steering in general.
Mind schooling me a bit?

Yup, roll that o-ring forward along the driveshaft. There is a recessed channel for it, as shown here: https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-ixx...4/17953/ara4312v3_3__13046.1603321941.jpg?c=2
The channel (and the place the ring is positioned in that photo) is for when you want to remove the driveshaft. so the bearing will be able to move as you compress the driveshaft.

But after you install everything back, you should roll the ring to where @Funky mentioned. right next to the bearing.

Oh ok. I never took the drive shaft out tho. The ring shouldnt move on its own correct? I'll reposition and run it this afternoon and make sure it stays. Thx again all! 👍
Hmmm...how come the o-ring is on the opposite side of the recess?

Attachments

• 16204857536209155854605701608065.jpg
    16204857536209155854605701608065.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 36
Hmm, interesting. I always put that o-ring on the front side of the bearing, in between the bearing and the ridge that holds it. Seems to serve more purpose there by providing some cushioning. On the back side, the o-ring is just hanging out doing nothing. Maybe preventing dirt from getting in the bearing? Anyway, the interactive views and all Arrma photos show the o-ring on the back side of the bearing, so I guess that's where it's supposed to go.

Hmm, interesting. I always put that o-ring on the front side of the bearing, in between the bearing and the ridge that holds it. Seems to serve more purpose there by providing some cushioning. On the back side, the o-ring is just hanging out doing nothing. Maybe preventing dirt from getting in the bearing? Anyway, the interactive views and all Arrma photos show the o-ring on the back side of the bearing, so I guess that's where it's supposed to go.
That's what I'm saying. I've never taken the driveshaft out of that truck. I'm a Noob still but it seems kind of like I got a truck that's the one else owned and maybe took back and maybe the hobby shop fixed it so they thought?

The channel (and the place the ring is positioned in that photo) is for when you want to remove the driveshaft. so the bearing will be able to move as you compress the driveshaft.

But after you install everything back, you should roll the ring to where @Funky mentioned. right next to the bearing.
Interesting, but wouldn't that o-ring just slip right out of that spot, as there's no channel to hold it in? All three of my 3s Arrma's came shipped with it installed in the channel, and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere to move it upward before running.

Interesting, but wouldn't that o-ring just slip right out of that spot, as there's no channel to hold it in? All three of my 3s Arrma's came shipped with it installed in the channel, and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere to move it upward before running.
It would roll out of the spot. Mine always does but it doesn't seem to serve any important purpose anyways. 🤷‍♂️

Some more help if u can PLEASE. So installed a amazon special 25kg servo. Ordered a kimbrough 124 saver. Get all way down to screwing on the arm that goes to the bell crank. The stupid little hole isnt threaded or correct size for the fine thread no slef tap screw for it..i don't have a threader. Go buy 1? Any other fixes?

the screw will make it's won threads as you screw it into the plastic. but, hole needs to be close to the right size. You may need to drill it out a bit.
Option 2 is to put a Nylock hut on the back side.

Awesome I seen that there was enough room for a nut. Easy enough there. Just picked up some to attach the wing. Which was the wrong wing so I "modified" or "jerry-rigged" it. Funny ur the one to reply. Appreciate it
It was a typhon mega wing. Paint pen on letterz. Prob won't stay long. Thought about taping off tires and wheels then spraying with clear coat

Attachments

• 20210510_120750.jpg
    20210510_120750.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 39
Precisely moulded to accurately locate with the vehicle chassis – Support is retained on the chassis by the included cap head screw – Included high-quality ball bearing fits to center shaft of transmission and then clips into the support – An O-ring is used to retain the ball bearing on the center shaft when the center shaft is removed from the vehicle

Exactly the o ring has no purpose other than mentioned above that it's just there to keep the shaft from sliding out while removing the shaft.other than that there is no other purpose.you could honestly eliminate it if you wanted to .or keep it there to look pretty.

Back