Kraton Is this servo fixable or do I need to buy another one? DS3235SG DSServo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Is this servo fixable or do I need to buy another one?
DS3235SG DSServo Amazon link:
IMG_1473.jpg
IMG_1475.jpg

For the gears to break the servo saver must have been locked. I have yet to beak any gears on mine. I did have one go bad after a rather hard hit, it wouldn't move smooth but studderd. 1 year and many many packs on 3 total.

For the gears to break the servo saver must have been locked. I have yet to beak any gears on mine. I did have one go bad after a rather hard hit, it wouldn't move smooth but studderd. 1 year and many many packs on 3 total.
I have the HD spring in mine , maybe that’s a bad thing!

Is this servo fixable or do I need to buy another one?
DS3235SG DSServo Amazon link:View attachment 220884View attachment 220885
Sorry it is Junk now. (n) How much use have you got from it???
Gear sets aren't really available. You could always try contacting the sellers. I feel they have great Cust service, considering it is from China. But the gear set may not be available separately. . The beauty of this is that they are cheap enough to replace and move on. Buy another DS3235, without hesitation. (y)
I would. Perhaps Post the Pix on AMZ and see what the seller says.:LOL:
Take the new one apart and make sure grease is on all the teeth of all the gears. But it doesn't look like lack thereof was your issue. Your Servo Saver looks to be too tight???? IDK. Check it. Make sure ST endpoints were/are correct?? Or maybe it was just some bad carnage/user error. Normal.
Servo's are consumable items anyway. Bashing Hard etc.
I would be crying more so, if it was an expensive servo.
Wow, I've done this to other servos. Just not with any of my 8 DS3235's.:unsure: I would also remove the Upper BB O-ring altogether that is between the upper case and upper BB. The OutPut gear ( that stripped) will rotate much smoother. The O-ring just locks up the Upper BB once all is assembled tight. Lube the BB with a drop of oil or some grease, before closing it up.
8 of these servos over 2 years old and Bashed hard in all 8 rigs and all are still going strong. I always take mine apart when new. I also test them on a servo tester out the box first, any servo.. I always remove that upper O-ring. I may on occasion place that o-ring over the splined shaft before installing the Horn/Arm.
Crap happens.:giggle:

Last edited:
Sorry it is Junk now. (n) How much use have you got from it???
Gear sets aren't really available. You could always try contacting the sellers. I feel they have great Cust service, considering it is from China. But the gear set may not be available separately. . The beauty of this is that they are cheap enough to replace and move on. Buy another DS3235, without hesitation. (y)
I would. Perhaps Post the Pix on AMZ and see what the seller says.:LOL:
Take the new one apart and make sure grease is on all the teeth of all the gears. But it doesn't look like lack thereof was your issue. Your Servo Saver looks to be too tight???? IDK. Check it. Make sure ST endpoints were/are correct?? Or maybe it was just some bad carnage/user error. Normal.
Servo's are consumable items anyway. Bashing Hard etc.
I would be crying more so, if it was an expensive servo.
Wow, I've done this to other servos. Just not with any of my 8 DS3235's.:unsure: I would also remove the Upper BB O-ring altogether that is between the upper case and upper BB. The OutPut gear ( that stripped) will rotate much smoother. The O-ring just locks up the Upper BB once all is assembled tight. Lube the BB with a drop of oil or some grease, before closing it up.
8 of these servos over 2 years old and Bashed hard in all 8 rigs and all are still going strong. I always take mine apart when new. I also test them on a servo tester out the box first, any servo.. I always remove that upper O-ring. I may on occasion place that o-ring over the splined shaft before installing the Horn/Arm.
Crap happens.:giggle:
I still don't understand how I have such bad luck with the 3235SGs. I want to try another one but Idk if should 😂

^^^
And yet, I myself, can't figure out why I haven't bricked one of them yet???? I have so many of them. Maybe QC has fallen off these days? Like with many products these days. IDK. Mine were purchased a while ago. The last 2 of them probably purchased in late 2021. I am tempted to buy another DS3235 as a spare, take it apart to see if they revised it in some way. For the worse??:unsure:
Go with your Gut, if they are not durable for you, try another brand perhaps??? IDK.:giggle:
Many like the Savox 1210's. I absolutely don't, for instance. I Won't invest $$ with Savox anymore.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back