Is this the diff locking up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Outcast 6s
I was running my BRCC, as normal just running up and down a road and doing donuts in the grass and that sort of stuff. I was full throttle and was about to hit a tree so I braked and turned it quickly and it rolled about 10 feet or so and a tire flew off in the process. The HR driveshaft the tire was connected to won’t turn at all anymore, even with throttle or just turning it my hand, nothing. Is this something in the diff or is there something I’m missing?

Just my 2 cents, going WOT and doing donuts is risking damage, then adding to that slamming on the brakes, things are gonna break. These are plastic gears.

Pictures?
There’s no visual damage that I can see, but I haven’t opened up the diff yet lol
Just my 2 cents, going WOT and doing donuts is risking damage, then adding to that slamming on the brakes, things are gonna break. These are plastic gears.
Yeah I know how I drive will break thing and I don’t mind, I find it fun to drive it crazy then fix it, to me it’s a part of the hobby. But I have metal spur and pinion but there are still the plastic diffs that I haven’t found any metal ones on the market. And what’s WOT mean

There’s no visual damage that I can see, but I haven’t opened up the diff yet lol

Yeah I know how I drive will break thing and I don’t mind, I find it fun to drive it crazy then fix it, to me it’s a part of the hobby. But I have metal spur and pinion but there are still the plastic diffs that I haven’t found any metal ones on the market. And what’s WOT mean
Wide Open Throttle

I wasn’t trying to tell you how to drive or anything. Just letting you know about the potential for damage. Do you. If you like going all out, by all means, go ham. That’s the best part about this hobby. Drive it like you stole it.

I would just dig in and see what is going on, it's only like 3 or 4 screws and the bulkhead comes right off.

Pictures?

What good would pictures do? A video would probably work better.

Ok tbh I forgot about this thread but I opened it up and a few teeth on the gear on the outside of the casing. I replaced that and when I was cleaning everything off one of those little metal gears on the inside is destroyed... like a quarter of the whole thing is just gone.?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back