Is this why the fireteam is on clear out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny in vid guy makes it sound like a real 1/7...he must know it's a 1/10 sct truck with a Polaris body...unless I'm wrong that's a dirty way to market it as a 1/7.id be pisst if I got that thinking it was the size of a fireteam.thats like putting a atv body on senton an calling it a 1/5
Was looking up the specs of the hammer Rey since it's supposed to be based off that. It's actually a bit longer length and wheel base then the fireteam. But like 5 inches more narrow

Kinda glad I didn't buy a Fireteam.
Considering one of these once available.
FT and Polarey are 2 different animal's. Don't let the similar body and scale fool you. I woudn't be surprised if the Polarey costs way more than the FT. Licensed body etc. Losi brand in general costs way more. But the QC is way better when made in Taiwan. You pay for this.
Just the FT is a different animal. Its a real basher. Lest you don't forget.;)
The Polarey is much more true to scale of a Polaris. FT is not. FT dimensions (wheelbase and track width) were designed for bashing.

Last edited:
Weird nothing about it on the losi website. Maybe he jumped the gun on announcing it?
FT and Polarey are 2 different animal's. Don't let the similar body and scale fool you. I woudn't be surprised if the Polarey costs way more than the FT. Licensed body etc. Losi brand in general ways costs more. But the QC is way better when made in Taiwan. You pay for this.
Just the FT is a different animal. Its a real basher. Lest you don't forget.;)
Yeah I don't think this would handle a 6s flogging.

Weird nothing about it on the losi website. Maybe he jumped the gun on announcing it?

Yeah I don't think this would handle a 6s flogging.
Yes I said the exact same.... HH tells the Influencers when to drop the unboxing. They are strict about this. Right down to the time to drop.
How could Hemistorm be the only one who dropped it. I doubt only he has the exclusive. There are usually many who get them ahead of time, to make their Videos, edit them whatever, then told when they are allowed to drop the video. Then it's a split minute race to drop the video, because this increases your views/ YT analytics/ monetization.
I will guess that maybe by days end, all of a sudden many Polarey YT vids will appear?
Because at the same time is when HH posts the model on Losi's site. HH coordinates this.
Maybe Hemistorm is the outliar??? Anyones guess.:unsure:
Maybe Hemistorm's clock is wrong???:ROFLMAO: He is in Finlandia. I believe.

Last edited:
Was looking up the specs of the hammer Rey since it's supposed to be based off that. It's actually a bit longer length and wheel base then the fireteam. But like 5 inches more narrow
No way, really? That can’t be right, 5” more narrow? Wow!

What I said. Real narrow.
And many guys are even widening track width of FT even more so, for better bashing stability, using the Kraton Hubs/ stub axels.

Look forward to finding out more as when and where they are available. That is on Polaris Pro R I might be able to afford.

Po-lar-ay? 😂
Are you singing that?
1671243331250.png

Lol, the Fireteam is 100 times better.
In what way exactly?
They are two completely different cars, meant for different ways of driving.
Just because they look similar on the outside doesn´t mean one is competing against the other...

This is a great forum, but these "x is better than y" comments without any kind of substance are just annoying.

In what way exactly?
Just because they look similar on the outside doesn´t mean one is competing against the other...

This is a great forum, but these "x is better than y" comments without any kind of substance are just annoying.
I’m not the one that started the thread. If you want an overpriced, slow, large rc than this Polaris is for you. You want a fast, violent, exciting rc, that’s a steal at the sale price than the fireteam. Losi has thrown up some real overpriced rcs lately and I fear this is another. Want a Losi get the big Rock Rey, it’s on sale now and is maybe 200 times better than the Polaris...

I really like the true to life look of the body but won't prejudge. I love the simplicity of the aarma platform for wrenching but won't knock losi . Look at the FT. Majority of you said its a great RC at 399 but not at 750. We don't even know the price point yet. Before Earl and Kevin and others put it through the paces and do a thorough analysis, everything else is pure speculation. My only concern out of the gate is with the narrow stance and solid rear axle, she's going to be on her lid a lot. Time will tell. Also wondering the price for a new lid and parts availability. My 2 cents.

Last edited:
I don’t get some of you.
Are you just too ignorant to accept the fact that not every car is meant to be a go fast basher?
Or that not everyone enjoys going up and down a dirt field at full throttle until something breaks?

This is meant to be more of a scale rig, which has to be driven accordingly.
Try to take a sharp turn at WOT in a 1:1 RZR and you are going to roll it too…

Many people want their RCs to look scale or at least resemble something that actually exists.

I enjoy driving my Ryft and Hammer Rey a lot more than my Kraton EXB, because of looks and the way they drive.

Still, it would never occur to me to call one better than the others…they are just not comparable.

It just doesn’t make sense…

This is a 1/10 Baja Rey they are calling a 1/7 Polaris.same suspension, electrics,what a scam from losi
HH calls the shots.
HH wholly owns Arrma and Losi, and Axial, so right there is the reason the FT body and cage are similar. HH can combine these brand's resources and designs. Saving R and D.
Like with calling the TLRT a Losi Tuned Typhon. But in reality The TLRT is Nothing Losi, except the TLR branding in the name. To promote a 1/8 Typhon as a track rig.
Did anybody notice the polary uses the same frame chassis as the FT. This is an FT frame with custom body panels on a rock rey.
The FT chassis is all Arrma. The Polarey and FT just share the Body to some extent, with minor cage changes to permanently bolt onto the Polarey chassis. ( with solid F/R axels) Polarey lipo installs below the Chassis.
Lol, the Fireteam is 100 times better.
Yes, for Arrma style bashing, FT will rule. A Different platform altogether. Polarey is more of a F/R solid axel Rock Racer. Appeals more to the the Crawler Crowd IMHO, who want to go fast. It's solid axels can't take the abuse like the FT's Arrma 6s Diffs and I.S. can.
I think assigning a scale to these is a moot point. The Losi Polarey is probably more true to scale, like all Scaler Type rigs are. Right down to the tires and wheels and track width.

This still hasn't dropped yet. Maybe Hemistorm did get the exclusive on this? Strange if HH did this. Only one influencer getting his hands on it.
I know Hemistorm is big into Crawlers and Large Rock racers for many years. I'm sure this is not something that @Rich Duperbash, and RCdude81 is into. Sending the Polarey will destroy it in a heartbeat. Even with a 30 footer perfect landing, Im sure something major will break.:giggle: The servo mount will probably give out first. My bet. Having 3 Crawlers here myself.
Polarey still hasn't dropped yet as of this morning. I think it's for a different RC market segment. It's not a basher rig at all. You drive these differently.

Last edited:
In what way exactly?

I think he was giving his opinion. Like I think my Notorious is way more fun than my 1/10 Crawler.
For someone else they would think the Notorious is ridiculous.

In the end any rc would probably put a smile on my face.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of what they think is better.

I have a saying opinions are like A holes , everyone's got one and most are full of Cr@p.🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I'd love to see that body on a Typhon/Senton chassis...kinda like a mini Fireteam. Any body know or can get the specs on the body? If I could make that work that would be one helluva hybrid. Just my thoughts...otherwise you can keep 2S and 3S. I want 6S and up Arrma power, interchangeability, availabilty, upgrade ability and durability (you can throw Hobao and team Corally in there too).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back