Kraton Is this why there is no new 4s line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning and happy Father’s Day! Would you mind explaining the o-ring on the can more please?
Slip one of these over the motor can and it will support the motor by providing a cushion between the motor and chassis. It won’t slip off because the wires hold it in place. Others have put pieces of old tire under a motor, or squeezed a bunch of silicone caulk, but that’s messy and hard to remove.

Just make sure to get ones with an ID a few mm SMALLER than the OD of your motor.

uxcell Nitrile Rubber O-Rings 45mm OD 35mm ID 5mm Width, Metric Buna-N Sealing Gasket, Pack of 10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DG6CW6...abc_S18A0PFDV6YAFXFKW1S5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I use a small heat sink/fan mount and put it on the motor but spin it around to the bottom between the motor and chassis. On the stock 3660 you can't do this but I have a 3670 so the can is long enough to fit the extra heat sink on there. Helps keep the motor plate from bending when jumping.
20210620_112644.jpg
20210620_112630.jpg

I use a small heat sink/fan mount and put it on the motor but spin it around to the bottom between the motor and chassis. On the stock 3660 you can't do this but I have a 3670 so the can is long enough to fit the extra heat sink on there. Helps keep the motor plate from bending when jumping.View attachment 153109View attachment 153110
That’s really cool!

Slip one of these over the motor can and it will support the motor by providing a cushion between the motor and chassis. It won’t slip off because the wires hold it in place. Others have put pieces of old tire under a motor, or squeezed a bunch of silicone caulk, but that’s messy and hard to remove.

Just make sure to get ones with an ID a few mm SMALLER than the OD of your motor.

uxcell Nitrile Rubber O-Rings 45mm OD 35mm ID 5mm Width, Metric Buna-N Sealing Gasket, Pack of 10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DG6CW6...abc_S18A0PFDV6YAFXFKW1S5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Don't the 6s guys do this too?

Seems pretty unreliable compared to the 3s line. I know it's a 2nd hand truck but ... yeah.
I've been very impressed with my Kraton 4s. I know KT drives his cars a lot harder than most people for entertainment purposes, his videos are pretty entertaining. That said, I have broke one driveshaft on mine, but after a lot of hard driving. I also broke several parts after smacking into concreate at almost full speed. I can't complain about the durability, seems above average compared to everything else I own or have owned.

50-60 feet of distance. I doubt mine ever got more than 30 feet of vert.
30ft sounds about right. Your K4S is the distance record holder at Meep Mountain. The peak of the mountain is about 12ft above the landing, so I'd guess an extra 18ft is reasonable.

Yes, that is true, which would make the heatsink not the BEST option, but better than normal if your not jumping too much. The foam and o-ring can compress.
The heat sink is attached to the motor and moves with the motor. It is a few mm away from the chassis. I jump my rig at least 20 feet high and never had a problem. Chassis flexes just fine and the motor has enough support as to not bend the motor plate. The heat sink is the best solution I have found yet. Tried foam, rubber o-ring, caulking/hot glue and all ended up in either a bent motor plate, a cracked chassis or other damaged parts. The heat sink moves with the motor and slides a bit if needed and has never caused any damage, only saved the motor plate from bending.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back