Typhon Is this worth thinking about?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdubya

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi everyone! I have an Arrma Typhon v4 6s and i find myself thinking about this: Should I be concerned about the back end of my motor not being supported from the bottom? My thought is that since the motor is supported from the front, and there's all that unsupported mass at the rear, there maybe a possibility of tearing the motor from the mount. Or could there be some flex while hitting jumps, or driving over rough terrain, that could cause mesh issues?
Am I over thinking this?
Thanks!

Hi everyone! I have an Arrma Typhon v4 6s and i find myself thinking about this: Should I be concerned about the back end of my motor not being supported from the bottom? My thought is that since the motor is supported from the front, and there's all that unsupported mass at the rear, there maybe a possibility of tearing the motor from the mount. Or could there be some flex while hitting jumps, or driving over rough terrain, that could cause mesh issues?
Am I over thinking this?
Thanks!
It is a legitimate thought process and concern. With that said guys have been putting these 6s Arrma's through absolute torture, and both the motor and mount have not been an issue.

I suspect by the time you bend the motor mount.... you have done far worse damage to the chassis already, and will be replacing many other parts.

It’s a fairly common problem for people who are sending their trucks on 20 foot jumps. I have issues with it bending the motor mount on my 3s and 4s trucks. There’s no good fix but you could try putting plastic shims or something under the motor (or something with a little give or it will dent the motor). I’ve heard of some 3D printed motor mount add ons but I think they would crush.

the best cure I’m trying to find is the perfect diameter motor that rests on the chassis when installed. Regardless these motors take massive hits when landing flat from +15feet because these trucks are flat chassis I’m surprised they even take the abuse they get. I’m sure having proper suspension setups is important but my rpm arms fold on landings and I really want to set some slow mo cameras up to catch the shot.

if I ever manage to kill my granites motor (which has got to be soon) I’ll get some pics on here

Am I over thinking this?
Thanks!
Yes it is a concern for many. You can use a small piece of old tire, yoga mat, or any other material that can withstand the heat of the can under the motor to keep it from slamming into the chassis.

I use little rubber grommets CA glued to the chassis to support the motor. I needed to do this for the HW 4985 size motor I fitted - the heatsink ridges on the motor were marking the chassis

Been bashing for a few years with motors that are longer and heavier than stock. Nothing has bent and I do a good job sending it. I honestly don't think it is a legitimate concern, especially with the stock motor.

Thanks again to everyone for your responses! I find your opinions valuable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back