Typhon Is Typhon too similar to Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamT

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
hey guys I have a Kraton for jumping and mucking around primarily in the dirt but was looking at the typhon as a bit more of a street racer and maybe just some mild dirt work, not big air like I try with the kraton.

In your opinions, do you think the 2 vehicles too close in capabilities that I am almost just duplicating what I already have? I was looking at the talion but decided it was too much the same as Kraton.

Thanks in advance guys

Last edited:
@SamT I would say the Kraton and Typhon are two different RC's for sure. The Typhon is more of a racer whereas the Kraton more of a basher.

Unless you're wanting to race buggies I would stick to the Kraton. The Kraton is still very much able to do mild dirt work and can be turned into a speed run kind of truck too if you'd like.

I have both, they make a great pair.

Kraton - big air, general bashing king. Add truggy tires, and it gets around a track pretty good too.

Typhon - fast basher, not as great on big air or rough ground. Pure joy on a race track.

Thanks for the input. I’ve a few friends with buggies and we race a bit but they’re scared of the kraton. I think I’ll get a typhon pretty much solely for tarmac and fit it out for 6s speed (lookout typhon page members, here come my upgrade questions) and keep my Kraton for the dirt and bashing.

The Typhon is great on gravel & loose dirt but for packed dirt, grass & course tarmac you should get Badlands. It bashes great with Badlands as well. Fine tarmac will need street tires. Any tarmac will bald the stock tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back