ISDT BattAir

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrashBoom

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Mojave 4s
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
So I picked up an ISDT charger that supports their BattAir plugins, pretty handy system.

The plugins are bluetooth-enabled and plug into the balance plug on the battery (they are pass-through). You push a button on it to activate the bluetooth and then with an app you can see cell voltages, number of charge cycles, etc. You do an initial setup where you set the number of cells, capacity, desired charge rate, description, etc. If you have a BattAir enabled charger, it automatically sets the voltage and charge rate when you plug the battery in.

So the whole thing essentially makes any lipo "smart". The plugins are only 5 bucks a piece.

It's just kind of a neat system that saves some time and effort and helps organize your batteries.

Kinda curious. If it’s pass through and the plug-in is Bluetooth, can I see parameters on say a Hota charger? I don’t care about changing things but it would be neat to see without having to put my beer down and walk 4 feet away. 🤪

Yeah, it doesn't matter what charger you use if you want to monitor batteries. Also as I'm playing with this, I thought you had to push a button to activate bluetooth, but that's only when saving settings. You'll see whatever is in bluetooth range in the app, so yeah, enjoy that beer.

Yeah, it doesn't matter what charger you use if you want to monitor batteries. Also as I'm playing with this, I thought you had to push a button to activate bluetooth, but that's only when saving settings. You'll see whatever is in bluetooth range in the app, so yeah, enjoy that beer.
No kidding? That’s pretty cool. I’m kinda a sucker for geek stuff. So is one plug in stuck with one battery? I’d think not but you never know.

No kidding? That’s pretty cool. I’m kinda a sucker for geek stuff. So is one plug in stuck with one battery? I’d think not but you never know.

Yeah me too. You don't necessarily need one per battery, it's easy to change the parameters - all done through the app.

I have a idst discharger, for the reason that I can watch it from my phone and change settings.

Yeah it's handy. I wish they'd combine the apps for all their stuff into one, though. I need three different apps right now.

Yeah it's handy. I wish they'd combine the apps for all their stuff into one, though. I need three different apps right now.
Yeah. I'm do for a new charger. My UP6+ is down to one side to charge since the other side randomly died. Besides that it was a really good charger. I've been tossing the idea between isdt k4 or isdt p30. The isdt x16 is out of my range 🤣

Yeah. I'm do for a new charger. My UP6+ is down to one side to charge since the other side randomly died. Besides that it was a really good charger. I've been tossing the idea between isdt k4 or isdt p30. The isdt x16 is out of my range 🤣

Ha, my trusty HTRC blew up a couple of days ago. I got the K2 Air and a cheap 24v DC PSU on Amazon.
Awesome dude. Thanks for that. At that price I might as well give it a shot.

Now that I understand they're always on, another use is to keep an eye on your batteries when running. Well, at least for that second when the truck is in range lol.

Last edited:
Thanks for this, I just bought 6 of the 6s ones and 6 of the 4s ones. It's worth it just for the ability to see battery level out in the field.

Castle telemetry link + 7PXR FTW (y)

But that's just me.
haha I bet the price I paid for all 12 of these things is what it cost for 1 of your rx and I still get 7 chans!! You definitely winning with the convenience though as I'd rather not have to pull out my phone. :ROFLMAO:

haha I bet the price I paid for all 12 of these things is what it cost for 1 of your rx and I still get 7 chans!! You definitely winning with the convivence though as I'd rather not have to pull out my phone. :ROFLMAO:
You definitely got the better bargain, that much is certain. I got the convenience, but lol...pretty expensive convenience.

Do not use the ISDT chargers to discharge. The can't handle that and - kaputt! 😝

Use one of their dischargers like the FD-200 or FD-100 for that.

Do not use the ISDT chargers to discharge. The can't handle that and - kaputt! 😝

My FD-200 just arrived two hours ago. Gave it a quick test on an 11000mAh 4S. It took about 12 minutes to get from 3.99V to a 3.8V storage charge. I like it.

I agree. WIth most any charger Don't use it to discharge. The disharge rate is too low. Heat gets the best of the Chargers PCB. I like my FD-200 also. Also BT capable. MY FD200 can discharge to 3.8v/cell Storage volts, a fully charged 6s brick at 8 amps in 12 minutes.
I have the ISDT K2 Air . I don't consider using the BT BAttAir plug in's myself. Not worth it IMHO.
You need one for each lipo you have. It is essentially the same BatAIr chip embedded into all The Spektrum Smart lipos.
ISDT supplies the BattAir Smart chips for all Spektrum Smart Lipos. I feel it is one weak link with those lipos. The chips fail.

Last edited:
I agree. WIth most any charger Don't use it to discharge. The disharge rate is too low. Heat gets the best of the Chargers PCB. I like my FD-200 also. Also BT capable. MY FD200 can discharge to 3.8v/cell Storage volts, a fully charged 6s brick at 8 amps in 12 minutes.
I have the ISDT K2 Air . I don't consider using the BT BAttAir plug in's myself. Not worth it IMHO.
You need one for each lipo you have. It is essentially the same BatAIr chip embedded into all The Spektrum Smart lipos.
ISDT supplies the BattAir Smart chips for all Spektrum Smart Lipos. I feel it is one weak link with those lipos. The chips fail.
I couldn't get my FD-200 to pair up with the ISD Go app. Connection kept failing. It doesn't really bother me as it's set to 3.8V by default which is where I would set it anyways.

How is 5$ not worth it? 🤣 You can literally turn 5 batteries smart for 25$. Seems extremely reasonable to me.

Back