ISDT K2 Air: What Dost Thou Think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernCrawlerado

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Torn six different ways about a new charger… GensAceAreSpammers iMars seems solid.

There is a nice Hitech dual.

And then there is the ISDT2 K2 Air, which looks amazing.

Anybody got this bad boy? Is it worth the extra scratch?

FWIW I do have a 12 V, 40 amp power supply, and the local authorities have finally wired homes for 120 v AC in rural Frederick, CO. So I have diversity of choice.

Last edited:
ISDT K2 AIR here. 2 months old.
Good stuff.
In addition to my 2 HM D6 Duo pro.'s I run 3 dual channel chargers now . And a 24v/400wt PSU on each. Charges 2 largest 6s bricks within an hour each.
Even without a PSU, the K2 Air is powerful. Easy to navigate and use.
I'll spend the $20 more, give or take, if I think I'm getting the better charger.

Got mine (isdt k2 air) on the Amazon black Friday sale & I'm absolutely loving it!! 😍 I got suckered into the spektrum crap by tower hobbies when I 1st started because I thought it sounded great & I didn't know any better. Coming from that experience the isdt is night & day/ head & shoulders above on every level. On ac the k2 is great but no power switch, so for dc I've been using my old spektrum 16amp 380w power supply (at least that still works 😉) so I can have more oomph & an on/off switch. Got some battair plugs for my batteries now (like $5 per) & you can make any battery "smart" thru the Bluetooth app on your phone- super convenient & really easy to navigate-even for me!!😃👍👍

Got mine (isdt k2 air) on the Amazon black Friday sale & I'm absolutely loving it!! 😍 I got suckered into the spektrum crap by tower hobbies when I 1st started because I thought it sounded great & I didn't know any better. Coming from that experience the isdt is night & day/ head & shoulders above on every level. On ac the k2 is great but no power switch, so for dc I've been using my old spektrum 16amp 380w power supply (at least that still works 😉) so I can have more oomph & an on/off switch. Got some battair plugs for my batteries now (like $5 per) & you can make any battery "smart" thru the Bluetooth app on your phone- super convenient & really easy to navigate-even for me!!😃👍👍
Awesome feedback, Josh!

Funny you say that you didn't like the Spektrum units SMART is actually rebadged Battgo and I am pretty sure the SMART chargers are made by ISDT.

Funny you say that you didn't like the Spektrum units SMART is actually rebadged Battgo and I am pretty sure the SMART chargers are made by ISDT.
Well, I think exactly half of the spektrum batteries (2× 3s & 2×6s) all failed within 4 months, the s1200 charger lasted 6 months so no, not a great experience w/ their products 😵😡

Well, I think exactly half of the spektrum batteries (2× 3s & 2×6s) all failed within 4 months, the s1200 charger lasted 6 months so no, not a great experience w/ their products 😵😡

No they suck and too many people drink the Spektrum Cool-aide.

Sshhhhh! @Senton_Prime might hear us

He chugged the entire pitcher. Seriously one of the only people other than like one other dude that actually likes them out of everyone else I have talked to about them.

Tru dat.
Spektrum Smart lipo's have BattGo chips in them. Even says Battgo on them. And they tend to fail, bricking them..
Standalone K2 Air is fine. I passed on the BT Air modules.
You need one for every single lipo you own. Just to make each lipo smart? I like dumb lipos. Try to keep my charging simple.
They don't talk back to me this way..:LOL:
ISDT makes the Spektrum chargers to their specs. With ISDT's Battgo chips in the lipos.
Retail ISDT is a good brand by itself.

I'm bout to drop the hammer down in here !!

aHR0cHM6Ly9pLm1ha2VhZ2lmLmNvbS9tZWRpYS8xMC0wMS0yMDE1L2RTX3NwZS5naWY.gif

I had an ISDT K2 that failed in less than a year, with no support from ISDT. It literally just sat on my bench and charged batteries as needed, never even took it anywhere. Personally I try to avoid them now. I'd go for a Hota charger myself, but I'm sure anything can have problems.

I had an ISDT K2 that failed in less than a year, with no support from ISDT. It literally just sat on my bench and charged batteries as needed, never even took it anywhere. Personally I try to avoid them now. I'd go for a Hota charger myself, but I'm sure anything can have problems.
I supposed they are a tough company to work with, I mean their website is in Chinese.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back