ISDT Q6 finally set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy in WI

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
I wanted this to end up as a travel charger for our ridiculous amount of camping trips we do every year. I think it turned out pretty decent. I used a parts bin from work (I hope they don't miss it) and vented for the power supply. It packs up nice, and I can use it for a few batteries in transit. 20181211_164845.jpg20181211_165331.jpg
Once opened up, I can get the charger out (only piece that really has value) and keep it out of harms way in case a spontaneous campfire breaks out on my picnic table!
20181211_161509.jpg20181211_161528.jpg20181211_164701_HDR.jpg

Sweet setup i just picked up the 500w version isdt charger but my setup isn't as nice as yours i just use a deep cycle in the back of my jeep lol

I think the best part is I minimal money into it. I won the charger here, got the power supply from a buddy, and got most of the rest from work. All I had to buy was the connectors! I enjoy doing stuff like this, but struggle to find the time. It May look basic, but I have too much time sunk into it. I should stop mixing beer and hobbies.

What do you use to power it out camping generator, power inverter?
Most of the time we have power at the camp sites. When we don't, I am either going to use a set of cables to the truck battery or use the power inverter that's built into the truck. There is a battery on the camper too, but I tend to save that for lighting if theres no power.

Most of the time we have power at the camp sites. When we don't, I am either going to use a set of cables to the truck battery or use the power inverter that's built into the truck. There is a battery on the camper too, but I tend to save that for lighting if theres no power.
Sweet well lucky you have power at the camp sites that's always a plus!

I think the best part is I minimal money into it. I won the charger here, got the power supply from a buddy, and got most of the rest from work. All I had to buy was the connectors! I enjoy doing stuff like this, but struggle to find the time. It May look basic, but I have too much time sunk into it. I should stop mixing beer and hobbies.

Try whiskey,
it goes much better with hobbies than beer :D

Sweet well lucky you have power at the camp sites that's always a plus!
We've definitely changed the way we camp... We used to truly rough it. Tent, sleeping pads, sleeping bags, cook everything over the fire, etc. I actually started to get an interest in "bushcraft", but quickly learned that that's not an option with 3 young kids.

Try whiskey,
it goes much better with hobbies than beer :D
Got that right! I'm a bottle and a half of Jameson into the layout of this setup!

We've definitely changed the way we camp... We used to truly rough it. Tent, sleeping pads, sleeping bags, cook everything over the fire, etc. I actually started to get an interest in "bushcraft", but quickly learned that that's not an option with 3 young kids.

Got that right! I'm a bottle and a half of Jameson into the layout of this setup!
Lol righhtttt that wouldn't be too smart with 3 kids lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back