Issue with battery compartment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philter

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I often have the problem that I can't open the battery compartments because the mechanism is jammed. Sometimes because of sand or dirt, today because of snow and ice. That's very annoying when I'm outside and want to change the batteries and I can't open the battery compartments or need quarter an hour to do so.

Am I the only one with the problem? I was wondering if the Savage Flux battery compartments (#100908) can be mounted to replace the original compartments (?).

I have already read that it is possible to drill a hole in the doors to disassemble the mechanism even when the door is closed. But that does not seem to me to be a permanent everyday solution.

Are there already any ideas to fix this?

---
Sorry for my bad english. It's not my native language.

I guess I'm the only one with the problem here. Anyway, here is a solution that solves the issue for me.
I cut out the upper part of the battery compartments so that I can insert the batteries from above and fix them with Velcro straps.
So I haven't to use the locking mechanism anymore. Up to now I haven't had any problems with that.

IMG_20180315_204326.res.jpg IMG_20180315_204258.res.jpg IMG_20180315_204312.res.jpg

those battery doors are a major design flaw of the Nero platform. i always manage to somehow force them open, but the problem is to get them to lock again. you have to take the lock and spring out, remove the debris and reassemble. it takes only approx 3 minutes a side but still...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back