Issue with hitec servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niz55

Very Active Member
Reaction score
So this servo is little too long for the tray where the screws mount.How can I fix this problem?

IMG_20200527_162446380.jpg

Is that the stock tray? If so then you can purchase a 1/5 scale servo tray which also comes with the stock one and another lid as a pack, official Arrma parts, look online.

Like I mentioned that is the 1/5 scale tray you see in the picture. Anyways. This servo is too big for even the 1/5 scale tray so modification is required.

Some cutting is needed on the tray and also on the cover . Came out very nice.

Anyone is interested in buying the hitec servo you need the 1/5 scale tray and it needs to be modded as well. So my suggestion is too look for another servo.

IMG_20200527_191734322.jpg

Like I mentioned that is the 1/5 scale tray you see in the picture. Anyways. This servo is too big for even the 1/5 scale tray so modification is required.

Some cutting is needed on the tray and also on the cover . Came out very nice.

Anyone is interested in buying the hitec servo you need the 1/5 scale tray and it needs to be modded as well. So my suggestion is too look for another servo.

View attachment 82989
I have the same servo. Ended up using my Dremel to cut into the Rx box to make it fit. Sounds ghetto, but I used shower caulk to reseal the box where it meets the servo.

I put my receiver in a thick balloon and zip tie the top so it is water proof.

How are you liking the servo? Better than stock?

Which servo is if exactly? I am wondering about the servo model (irrespective your problem) as I am interested in alternatives.

Which servo is if exactly? I am wondering about the servo model (irrespective your problem) as I am interested in alternatives.
Get the PrimalRC Raminator servo. It's faster, stronger, cheaper and fits the 1/5 scale box perfectly.

I put my receiver in a thick balloon and zip tie the top so it is water proof.

How are you liking the servo? Better than stock?
It's very, very nice. Fast, and strong. But, it pulls enough power that you will likely need a glitch buster or even an external Bec. Mine was browning out on front tire landings until I added a glitch buster.

i do have the glitch buster you can see in first photo. I did get it installed and seems to be a nice decent upgrade over the stock. Also, The side guard where the bearing sits on needs to be modified in order for the tray to line up with the bottom screws.

Honestly, If i knew this i wouldn't bought it but what is done is done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back