issue with hot racing steering knuckles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitr0EngiEx

Reaction score
I have got racing aluminum knuckles on all four corners of my kraton. I just installed them like 2 or 3 packs ago.

I was doing maintenance on the truck and noticed one of the large bearings was not spinning. It was totally seized. I took the rubber seal off and there was 0 grease inside. I think they forgot to lube the bearing....

So yeah beware of the bearings they provide. I have ordered all new bearings to have on hand.

I got the bearing top spin again after an hour of working on it, not sure why I bothered I won't ever trust it

Attachments

• 20180928_214325.jpg
    20180928_214325.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 84
Well that really sucks. Personally I always wash all the grease out of new bearings and use silicone oil on them. Might not last as long but I like to take them out for inspection and cleaning anyway.

I tried oil that didn't Free it and it would not turn even 1 degree of motion.

What finally freed it was pushing in synthetic axle grease for trailer bearings and boats.

I think I over packed the bearing because there is allot of resistance from the grease. I might try to take some grease out and leave it just wet but not packed.

I wanted them packed to keep water out.

I just replace mine every so often. I usually end up mailing the large bearing in the wheel hubs when I remove it anyway.

Make sure you get the right size. The HR hubs use bigger bearings than stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back