Talion Issue with spur gear mesh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homer007

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey!

I haven't had the Talion for long, but when I first got it and it quiet, but after just a couple runs the centre diff mesh is really loud. I did notice a bit of play, so I pulled the diff; all looks good, and then put it back together. There is the slightest mesh movement, and it's still loud. At one point I just have pushed the motor up too far coz the noise was only slight but I then had binding.

I've uploaded a short video to YouTube:

Should I do anything further? I was thinking of buying another spur gear, but the gear of the diff might be stuffed anyways.

I've always used a piece of paper on my 1/5th scale cars, so I was thinking doing the same here might lead me to having too big of a gap.

Keen to hear the thoughts of others!

That looks and sounds normal. In my Kraton 6s I have the PPS motor mount, which has micro adjustment for the gear mesh. I have my gear mesh set as close to perfect as I can get it, and my Kraton sounds similar to yours.

Mine too. And yes, the paper method works great on Mod 1 gears. If anything, even better than on the Mod 1.5 gears, as I got too tight of a mesh on my DBXL-E when using the paper method and had to back it out a little bit.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I honestly thought there must be something wrong coz of the noise. None of my 1/5th scale, have sound like that, and it would be them that I wouldn't be surprised if they were a little noisy. I also have a 6s Revo and it's heaps quiet too. So I'm glad I posted here and didn't just freak out and go and buy a heap of stuff I didn't need lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back