Talion Issue with Trim After Landing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotSauce1983

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Talion
Hey There!! Happy Arrma you to all.. The issue I have which is with Talion 6s v4 and Granite 3s blx. I was thinking maybe it was car until I got talion in this week.. All stock except dif fluid change on talion and sealed bearings for both.. Before and after tear down to make these changes I would adjust trim all is going straight and working right.. Jump a small jump then wouldn't go straight adjust trim.. repeat.. Lets say to the right for trim at 20-25.. After battery was dead I will change it and now I the wheels seem to recenter..now adjust trim to zero.. jump small jump and/or big.. start adjusting trim.. Seems it tracks straight until I jump or turn hard.. then change battery and its back to normal.. Cannot figure out why.. Also botgh arre 1-2 weeks old and did this fresh out the box and after complete tear down.. Tried using my airtronics radio and stock radio.. results are the same... Looking for advice.. thanks

6s ,check akerman plate to make sure it is straight, pivot balls in steering and or bushing slop in steering post.
3s pivot balls ,bushings in steering post

With car and radio on wiggle wheels by hand to find the play.

Yea I eliminated as much play as I could with talion without any bind issues. Did a complete tear down and put together. I’ve built kits mugen and Losi. But this is just so strange. Maybe stock servo? On the granite I did complete tear down and issue still exist as well. I’m about to buy another kit if I can’t figure this out then sell this of. I think arrma is super dope for what it is. Bash the crap out of it for 550$ instead on a full kit at 1000 to 1500k. If I could get rid of this plague of both cars it’ll be so so great

The servo saver on the 6s is way too weak. Tighten it up and it will help. Also like you said the servo is pretty weak it self on both. That is a night and day difference alone. The 3s is mostly the servo and pivot balls. They are terrible. A little here a little there and it all adds up fast. The hot racing bell crank and pivot ball set makes it feel like it is ready for the race's lol

My best guess it's the servo. Sounds like its skipping gears. The servo saver is weak but should return to center and not impact your trim.
The stock servos are a weak link in the chain and not unheard of that they have issues.

This is a cheap and good alternative:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DS3225MG-2...449769?hash=item593eb9bee9:g:uu4AAOSwNotd6h7j

You can obviously find more costly servos with similar specs. Should be in the 25kg class ~ 350oz-in, if you run backflip tires.

I’ll order that servo you suggested. I was about to order the 140$ protek waterproof servo 400oz.

Do they make a aftermarket servo saver for this? I searched hop ups for talion but saw some for v1/2

Honestly not sure on servo saver.I have a V3 setup and that one is adjustable. For V4 you have to add washers, to my understanding. Not aware of aftermarket ones
In my opinion people go a little overboard on servos which causes new issues, doesn't make it better and well enough works for me. The linked one or a similar PowerHD have plenty of strength,if they break they are a lot cheaper to replace. I wouldn't want a $140 servo in my basher.

Last edited:
On a V4 Talion you will either need to swap out for the V3 servo saver or add a few snap rings to the bottom of the V4 saver. There are videos on YT showing how to do the snap rings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back