Granite Issues - Please Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Good Evening All,

The last time I ran my Granite V2, it ran like a dream. Then I had it on the bench for awhile making upgrades to the shocks, added a light kit, and a replacement ESC. The Hobbywing ESC wouldn't accept throttle after I'd unplugged all the electronics to add the light kit. It might have been a throttle trim issue all along, but that's another story/rookie mistake.

Anyway, I cannot get this rig to run right. I'm not sure if it's electrical or mechanical, or both. I run the EZ MAX10SCT combo and a Flysky gt3b. I thought I had everything plugged in correctly in the receiver--black wire to the - symbol. However I have to put Channel 1 in reverse to get the steering to work right.

So I have no idea what's going on with the throttle. I've swapped the wires on the ESC, but it doesn't seem to run right. It looks like I can get it to go full speed in reverse, but not forward. Even when I swap the wires, or change the programming card from CW to CCW and vice versa for the motor, I can't get it to drive right.

I wondered if maybe it was mechanical, so I tried my best to adjust the slipper clutch. I think I did it correctly, but maybe not??? In any case, I'm a bit lost at this point. I captured some footage of the vehicle. As you can see, when it's wheels are off the ground, the tires spin and balloon. But when I put it on the ground, it drives like an old Radio Shack rig. Not the 3S wheelie monster I'm used to.

Does it seem like the wiring and electrics are still swapped somehow and I'm not getting the proper torque from the motor? Or does this seem like it's more of a mechanical thing? Maybe both? I've posted the video below. I would really, really, really appreciate any help or advice. If more footage or info is needed to assess and fix this, please let me know. Thank you so much in advance!

PS, please don't judge me for my messy garage...

i would plug in the wires as it would have from factory, program the ESC to turn the motor to factory CCW rotation, then re-calibrate your ESC.
it does sound like your slipper is just spinning, the way i was told to adjust the slipper is remove the center shaft, put your hex driver into the slipper adjustment ( i want to say it was a 2.0mm) and hold the driver stationary then push the truck forwards, once the wheels start to slide/skid, you are set about correct. ( i did this on carpet, might slide too easy on concrete if there is dust).

i would plug in the wires as it would have from factory, program the ESC to turn the motor to factory CCW rotation, then re-calibrate your ESC.
it does sound like your slipper is just spinning, the way i was told to adjust the slipper is remove the center shaft, put your hex driver into the slipper adjustment ( i want to say it was a 2.0mm) and hold the driver stationary then push the truck forwards, once the wheels start to slide/skid, you are set about correct. ( i did this on carpet, might slide too easy on concrete if there is dust).
I think his clutch is slipping too. You can do it like you recommend, but you're dependent on which surface you push the truck. A dusty garage floor is probably too slippery.
The manual says to tighten the slipper completely and then back out 1,5 turns. Works fine for me in all conditions so far.
I thought I had everything plugged in correctly in the receiver--black wire to the - symbol. However I have to put Channel 1 in reverse to get the steering to work right.
I'm not sure which "symbol" you mean. The white or orange wire, denpending on which color your wire is, should be plugged to the center of the reciever. The black should be towards the outside edge.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back