Notorious Issues with diffs possibly. Video in thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow man glad ya figured it out. Shim it grease it send it high. I was guna do rpm arms till i saw amazon has two lower stock arms for 9.99 ☝️
Well, I thought I did. I’ll have to check it out. Plan to remove the bulkhead to make shimming easier. Stripped a screw trying to remove it. Now I need a tool to remove it. Pretty sure I missed up the rear diff again when trying to run the truck with front shaft removed. Should have known. Either way I’m stepping away from it for a few days to clear my head as this has really got me frustrated. I cannot win.

Iv got one in the front stripped whn i put on my rpm bumper. I just found out last nite it really is whn i tried to remove it to get to my hinge pins. I just rotated bumper out the way for now guess il deal with it anuther day. Waitn on my arms to come and back to bashing. I just got a offer to run it on a mx track. Im not sure how thats guna go as the degree of hills just not much from what i could see of it from a distance. Think its guna require too much speed but i could b wrong 🤷‍♂️

Well, I thought I did. I’ll have to check it out. Plan to remove the bulkhead to make shimming easier. Stripped a screw trying to remove it. Now I need a tool to remove it. Pretty sure I missed up the rear diff again when trying to run the truck with front shaft removed. Should have known. Either way I’m stepping away from it for a few days to clear my head as this has really got me frustrated. I cannot win.
Your rear diff should be good. It got maybe half the motors power as one side of the center diff was just free spinning. So no worries there man. And yes take a break have a cpl 2 3 beers, it's always good to step away when fustrated. We won't give up till you're bashing. Cheers.

Your rear diff should be good. It got maybe half the motors power as one side of the center diff was just free spinning. So no worries there man. And yes take a break have a cpl 2 3 beers, it's always good to step away when fustrated. We won't give up till you're bashing. Cheers.
Thank you for the encouragement! At this point I will just bash them till they completely strip out. Then I’ll call HH back for a replacement. Eventually I’ll get there.
Iv got one in the front stripped whn i put on my rpm bumper. I just found out last nite it really is whn i tried to remove it to get to my hinge pins. I just rotated bumper out the way for now guess il deal with it anuther day. Waitn on my arms to come and back to bashing. I just got a offer to run it on a mx track. Im not sure how thats guna go as the degree of hills just not much from what i could see of it from a distance. Think its guna require too much speed but i could b wrong 🤷‍♂️
I would definitely take advantage of running at a track. There is nothing like that here. Bet that would be a blast. If you do go be sure to tell us about it!

How did the diffs spin before you mounted them into the Bulkheads? Freely with just the resistance from the diff oil??
I have in the past tightened the ring gear part of the diff onto the cup with too much torque. Gasket was old and had been flattened out. The diff would spin but the teeth were grabbing. If it had gone unchecked and i installed the diff back into the case I potentially could’ve been chasing my tail thinking it was something else. Backed the screws off an eighth of a turn and she was good.
Ensure the gasket is in place and in a good condition. Something to be mindful of 😎

Last edited:
Oh yeah. Still bashing with the bad front diff 😂. I’ve already shimmed up another bulkhead. Figured no sense in changing it out when it still works but just sounds awful.

How about you? You ever get your parts in?

Yeah man i ran 3 packs thru it so far. I was chkn it over yesterday a noticed my motor mount screws had gottn loose.Been trying to run a 15t and temps been a lil on the hot side. Since it rained today i changed to a 13t and cleaned motor screws up and loctite and tightened them up. Ordered sum 6x10x3 bearings im guna change out the servo saver bushings with bearings. Also i think running motor hot broke down factory loctight imo

Oh man what kind of temps are you getting to melt the factory locktite? I think I am still running factory pinion but with a 46 spur. But of course I’m still only running 4s.

What bearings did you go with? Wouldn’t mind changing all the bearings to sealed myself. And I still need to get some more shims for future use and I plan to purchase a typhon. Possibly in a few months......if I can figure out this diff shimming. Don’t want to buy another RC and be right where I am now.

I just bought the servo saver bearings only. Trb brand. 7.50 ebay.Steering is my nxt upgrade. Motor temp was 190 . Also esc thermaled a cpl times. 12t was a lil too slow for me. 6s power 14t was good but hot racing pinion stripped out on the second batt.

I just bought the servo saver bearings only. Trb brand. 7.50 ebay.Steering is my nxt upgrade. Motor temp was 190 . Also esc thermaled a cpl times. 12t was a lil too slow for me. 6s power 14t was good but hot racing pinion stripped out on the second batt.

You will burn the motor at those temps. Gear down or it will fry.

Dud get a fan or gear down. At 190 you are running into high risk of delaminating the motor. That's way too hot!

HR pinions are known to be even worse than Arrma's. (n) The Monkey metal and all.....Tekno pinions all the way. 👍

All you guys with the HR stuff. Easy with HR.
It's not all that. HR is a mixed bag at times. They make some really bad stuff along with some good stuff.

only experience I have with HR is the bulkhead Im currently using. At first I didn’t care for it but after messing with it its good stuff. Pairs very nicely with the M2C shock tower.

Agreed im gearing down. 13t novak pinion is what im going to give a shot. Hr pinion junk. Damn pot metal.
How much run time were you getting before thermal shut down? Are you running the stock electronics??
Iv thermalled out a couple of times and i don’t remember the temps getting to 190. You can turn the car off and back on again and continue to run for another minute or so which is not smart. I’m not saying you done that but it’s interesting how those temps got that high.

All you guys with the HR stuff. Easy with HR.
It's not all that. HR is a mixed bag at times. They make some really bad stuff along with some good stuff.
HR Integy and GPM are all the same, cheap budget parts with a lot of bling more than performance. This is out of experience with all 3. They all make "okay" stuff and they all make some downright terrible stuff. I personally will not be buying anymore of their aluminum parts, anything that breaks or wears now will be replaced with m2c,jbi or pps. With exception to my diff internals, ring and pinions, and cvd shafts from gpm. They have proven to be pretty stout and last. However I do have a complaint about m2c's standoffs, they always come lose on me the threaded rod that goes into the aluminum standoff always backs out on me. I have tried red threadlock, blue and have tried crankin the piss out of them and they still back out. The nylon nuts never come lose. I wish they just made them out of one chunk of steel instead of threading that rod into the standoff.

only experience I have with HR is the bulkhead Im currently using. At first I didn’t care for it but after messing with it its good stuff. Pairs very nicely with the M2C shock tower.
Yeah HR does make some very key parts that are required parts for durability. But much is also garbage. I learned the hard way also. Spent much on HR. From Crawlers to all... There are many other options out there is what I am saying. HR shouldn't be the go to brand all the time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back