Notorious Issues with diffs possibly. Video in thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much run time were you getting before thermal shut down? Are you running the stock electronics??
Iv thermalled out a couple of times and i don’t remember the temps getting to 190. You can turn the car off and back on again and continue to run for another minute or so which is not smart. I’m not saying you done that but it’s interesting how those temps got that high.
20 mins ritebefore it would lvc. Esc temps was 120 to 125 motor temp 193. Iv never cut off and ran again. Also iv only thermaled 3 or 4 times donuts running grass thick leaves.Motor temp will not make it thermal. Esc temps is what makes it thermal. I run hard and i run fast. Soon as i upgrade steering im going with bf lp's. I am running a fan if you call it one. A castle blowerfan 😂🤘

20 mins ritebefore it would lvc. Esc temps was 120 to 125 motor temp 193. Iv never cut off and ran again. Also iv only thermaled 3 or 4 times donuts running grass thick leaves.Motor temp will not make it thermal. Esc temps is what makes it thermal. I run hard and i run fast. Soon as i upgrade steering im going with bf lp's. I am running a fan if you call it one. A castle blowerfan 😂🤘
When my ESC cuts me off the motors usually around 150 -170. If your running the stock electronics like I am and the cutoffs on both ESC’s are the same but your temps on the motor are higher than mine there could be an issue with your car. Your car could possibly be working harder than mine..... Bad motor bearing maybe.

When my ESC cuts me off the motors usually around 150 -170. If your running the stock electronics like I am and the cutoffs on both ESC’s are the same but your temps on the motor are higher than mine there could be an issue with your car. Your car could possibly be working harder than mine..... Bad motor bearing maybe.
15t pinion is too tall of a gear for my driving style. I mostly rip dirt/gravel roads and top the speed out all the time. Trigger happy 🤘. Fixn to change out to a 13t pinion i will be good. 14t was good too but summer is on the way so il stick with a 13t

I was running a 17T with a locked 46T spur but I have thrown the 15T back on for more run time. With hard bashing on dirt/gravel I’ll get a good 20 mins running Katars while monitoring temps. I did blow another Katar up yesterday on concrete so I’m running these 3.8 MT’s this arvo.
The diffs don’t like it when all 4 of these tyres are on the car.

FDF8A695-CD4A-44EF-AE1B-8D241E77444D.jpeg

I was running a 17T with a locked 46T spur but I have thrown the 15T back on for more run time. With hard bashing on dirt/gravel I’ll get a good 20 mins running Katars while monitoring temps. I did blow another Katar up yesterday on concrete so I’m running these 3.8 MT’s this arvo.

View attachment 125087
Gotcha, thats y you can run a 15t cause you have a kraton. Im running a v4 noto. Locked center diff with the tire config. Like you have ther is guna eat tires up quick! The size difference cant differentiate because its locked.
@L3phturn nice backflip by your son with the exb 👍

only experience I have with HR is the bulkhead Im currently using. At first I didn’t care for it but after messing with it its good stuff. Pairs very nicely with the M2C shock tower.
At $50. for the HR bulkhead, hell it dam better make nice with any shock tower out there. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 125087
The rears are way big to begin with. Front or rear. But if it works for you great. I like all 4 wheels identical in diameter and width. Not having matching diameters front/Rr is bad for the drive train. You end up over driving one diff over the other. Bad for ring and input gears.

Last edited:
Gotcha, thats y you can run a 15t cause you have a kraton. Im running a v4 noto. Locked center diff with the tire config. Like you have ther is guna eat tires up quick! The size difference cant differentiate because its locked.
You’re probably running the 50T spur which will be in your favour in regards to temps.
Bigger tyres will affect temperature as the motor is carrying a greater load.

^^^Bigger diameter tires make the final drive ratio equivalent to throwing in a Super large pinion. That's why heat becomes an issue.

At $50. for the HR bulkhead, hell it dam better make nice with any shock tower out there. 🤷‍♂️

The rears are way big to begin with. Front or rear. But if it works for you great. I like all 4 wheels identical in diameter and width. Not having matching diameters front/Rr is bad for the drive train. You end up over driving one diff over the other. Bad for ring and input gears.

Iv run this a couple times now with no issues.

^^^ got ya. The alloy ties all in solid at the rear. Many just use the HR bulkhead at the rear for this reason alone. 👍

15t pinion is too tall of a gear for my driving style. I mostly rip dirt/gravel roads and top the speed out all the time. Trigger happy 🤘. Fixn to change out to a 13t pinion i will be good. 14t was good too but summer is on the way so il stick with a 13t
That was today running the MT’s in the rear when thermal shutdown the ESC.
If it works for you great.
It’s runs like a speedway car........... plenty of oversteer.
Probably the same as running 200 000 in the rear diff.

I took my servo saver off to pop the bushings out my bearings should be here tomm. Here is how i shimmed my servo saver and it works great. I used a body clip and bent it around and i used 6 tekno shimms. I did this over a month ago. My hardware store didnt have the snap rings/ e-clips i needed. 🤙

9E431753-429A-47B6-BBB1-6D5F7FE70415.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back