Notorious Issues with diffs possibly. Video in thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was today running the MT’s in the rear when thermal shutdown the ESC.

It’s runs like a speedway car........... plenty of oversteer.
Probably the same as running 200 000 in the rear diff.

You need to measure temp on the center of the motor end bell. Thermal shutdown of the ESC will be based on internal temperature of the electronics, and depending on where you measure on the ESC and how fast you measure it, it will be significantly lower than the internal temp.

Pivot ball designed rigs have plenty of St to begin with. Tuning the rear is key. And many forget that the rear wheels and diffs and roll center affects that. WE all drive different and have different expectations of our rigs. We all experiment. Temps can be fine until you hit that wrong setup and warmer ambients.
Seems like you have it under control. I shut "Off" my fans to get immediate running temps. Just 20 seconds at idle sitting with fans on will show lower temps than actual running temps.

I was running a 17T with a locked 46T spur but I have thrown the 15T back on for more run time. With hard bashing on dirt/gravel I’ll get a good 20 mins running Katars while monitoring temps. I did blow another Katar up yesterday on concrete so I’m running these 3.8 MT’s this arvo.
The diffs don’t like it when all 4 of these tyres are on the car.

View attachment 125087
Agreed i bet those weigh about 1lb each as do the bandito mt. You can tell the motor doesn't like them either lol.

When I got mine the other day I attempted to run all 4. Smh that was the first time I felt heat from the esc fan and this was 10mins into the run 50°F motor luke warm🙄😒. They look awesome and I wish the Arrma 6s line could actually handle them because they are perfect for these 6s vehicles aesthetically. Things just look fantastic.

I thought you had it under control by now. 🤷‍♂️
I’m not quite following? What did you think I had under control??
I’m not having a go at you......that reaction to my posts was interesting. Wasn’t sure if you were taking the piss on what I stated. All good if you were not, I probably interpreted it the wrong way. 😎

No pissing here. Its all good. You? :cool:

When I got mine the other day I attempted to run all 4. Smh that was the first time I felt heat from the esc fan and this was 10mins into the run 50°F motor luke warm🙄😒. They look awesome and I wish the Arrma 6s line could actually handle them because they are perfect for these 6s vehicles aesthetically. Things just look fantastic.
If you like how they look then go up with the motor size and down with gearing and you can find a setup that will run them.

If you like how they look then go up with the motor size and down with gearing and you can find a setup that will run them.
So to be completely honest and I'm gonna put this out there. One would need a coke can 8s capable motor to stop these. These things turn a 6s into a freight train no lie. What ever your current rc weight is pls 4-1/2 lbs divided by each corner. The rotating mass will open eyes when this thing gets going.

You guys know how when you let off the throttle the vehicle slows down a bit... Not with all 4 of these. These keep it going a good bit more. If the diffs gear pins could handle it id take you up on the larger motor but I foresee this turning into wow that looks killer as if flies but watch out it wont stop!!!💥💥💥😱😯😰

So to be completely honest and I'm gonna put this out there. One would need a coke can 8s capable motor to stop these. These things turn a 6s into a freight train no lie. What ever your current rc weight is pls 4-1/2 lbs divided by each corner. The rotating mass will open eyes when this thing gets going.

You guys know how when you let off the throttle the vehicle slows down a bit... Not with all 4 of these. These keep it going a good bit more. If the diffs gear pins could handle it id take you up on the larger motor but I foresee this turning into wow that looks killer as if flies but watch out it wont stop!!!💥💥💥😱😯😰
Get you some drill blanks to replace the stock pins and turn up your max brake force! :)

They do seem completely ridiculous. You would need to increase shock weight certainly to damp the forces from these things.

I totally want to build an beefed out version of my Notorious and run these. I'll need loads of M2C, a PPS motor mount, lots of titanium bits.... hmmm.

Get you some drill blanks to replace the stock pins and turn up your max brake force! :)

They do seem completely ridiculous. You would need to increase shock weight certainly to damp the forces from these things.
Then the gears will snap. I bet.

Speaking of shock fluid... Something else I noticed is yes one will have to change that up a bit. The weight from these make the vehicle act more like a real vehicle. I can see busted rod ends or something. Idk they make these arrmas look more up to the scale they are said to be. I love the look man. Just awesome lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back