Notorious Issues with diffs possibly. Video in thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I’ll check that one out. May have already watched it. I’ve seriously watched about thirty

Edit....Yup, I’ve watched that one. It was a good video.

So I am getting ready to shim my diffs and the metal cone (where the bearing slides over) piece that in the diff falls out and is loose when I put the cup back together. Is that normal or is toast? The cup a lot of play in it.

9D62F1EE-579B-451A-AFC8-9AD8C1BD8210.jpeg

So I am getting ready to shim my diffs and the metal cone (where the bearing slides over) piece that in the diff falls out and is loose when I put the cup back together. Is that normal or is toast? The cup a lot of play in it.

View attachment 118660
Do you meant the bearing falls off the cup? If so, yes that is normal.

No, the metal piece that goes into the diff cup. The piece that bearing slides over and presses into the diff cup.
No that should never come out. It should be molded into the plastic cup. I wouldn't trust that cup.

Damn that really sucks. It just fell out. So beyond frustrated
Is it worth it upgrade to the metal diff cup or just buy another plastic?
LHS has both in stock

Last edited:
You talking about the silver piece in the diff that the output shaft goes thru? Thats the bushing. Sounds like the housing got hot and distorted= trash it.Far as alum. Housings i haven't tried any. Im sure sum of these pro bashers on here will chime in.

By golly I think I fixed it. Short run to test and it worked. I’ll take it out tomorrow for a real test.

Bought a plastic diff cup and a metal. Went with the plastic for now. I’ll save the metal for a later date that hopefully I won’t need 😂

Seriously. Thank you all for the help. It is greatly appreciated. Let’s hope tomorrow goes great!

Took it out for a proper run. Normal place was busy so an open field for speed runs was what I did. Ran almost a full battery pack before leaving. It’s running great again. What a difference the thicker diff oil made. Handles a lot differently. Thank you all again.

900D02DB-69CB-4326-90AE-7D3C3800189D.jpeg

Took it out for a proper run. Normal place was busy so an open field for speed runs was what I did. Ran almost a full battery pack before leaving. It’s running great again. What a difference the thicker diff oil made. Handles a lot differently. Thank you all again.

View attachment 118875
What diff fluid is in each diff?

Holy moly that thing is moving! Hard to beat the notorious platform. So versatile. What tires where you running? Looked like slicks.

That’s my plan if I got a typhon. Mostly road use.

Holy moly that thing is moving! Hard to beat the notorious platform. So versatile. What tires where you running? Looked like slicks.

That’s my plan if I got a typhon. Mostly road use.
Grp slicks on back an regular grps on front all 4 where S2 compound. I put max6 in it an its way faster than video on 6s.it'll take 8s.not much room left.truck weights 8lbs w/o packs

20210109_093234.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back