Notorious Issues with diffs possibly. Video in thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took system outa 13lb mojave an its crazy in light 8lb truck.cant wait to hit it with more volts

16102246440671821569325718122399.jpg

Here's setup
Im running dumborc gyro on it an with high speed servo its amazing. Sensitivity about half way an i was doing 40+ mph powerslides an controlling the drift..so much fun.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210109-144059.jpg
    Screenshot_20210109-144059.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
looks like grp's to me
I now u where looking for system for S6. This max6 tp4050-2100kv combo run amazing together. On 6s im running 95mph gearing an I could get by without fans .hottest ive gotten motor was 135 on hard 8s romp in mojave .esc less.it is winter thou..more than enough power in under 10lb ride.setup isn't that much heavier also.

Thank you @TriggerHappy. I am too.

@K-BASH that’s a nice setup. May need to look at that myself in the future. Do you bash that off-road with the same motor/esc?

Need a new front bulkhead. Should I stock up on a few factories or splurge for the hot racing?
Hard to tell from the exploded view. I’m assuming the front top hinge pin goes into the bulkhead?

Just found out the truck has been on punch setting 4. Changed it to 7. Let’s see how this goes lol

Last edited:
So I’m thinking it’s not the bulkhead. It’s the piece that the top front hinge pin goes into. Trying to figure it out without having to take front end apart.
Is this it? But HR model

Attachments

• AF0C5BBB-229E-4520-9BAA-123771ED254F.png
    AF0C5BBB-229E-4520-9BAA-123771ED254F.png
    271.1 KB · Views: 25
So I’m thinking it’s not the bulkhead. It’s the piece that the top front hinge pin goes into. Trying to figure it out without having to take front end apart.
Is this it? But HR model

The best thing you can do is take it apart first. It’s difficult to see exactly what is broken otherwise. You can easily end up taking it apart only to discover additional parts you need such as bent hinge pins or screws.

They didn’t have one. Guess I’ll just order some M2C parts.

Front and rear shock towers
Front and rear braces
Upper arm hinge pin thing that I need

All is well, hard lesson to learn. HH warrantied both and a input gear but was a two month backorder. I went ahead n ordered what gears shims pins i needed and got it back going. Im 8 packs into it with no probs. I went a little crazy on how thick i did the diff oil though. I can put it on the roof at 40 mph ??

@Lovestricken you look like me with all those bagged diffs! ?
I just picked up a notorious 6s....what diff oil thickness did you go with in f/c/r ?

I've got 100k and 500k diff oil...can I go 100/500/100? That's all I can get my hands on.
I have 100/500/30k F/C/R. You won't want 100k in the rear. When you're on the throttle you'll hardly be able to steer. 100k in the front allows you to turn very directly when off throttle/braking

All I ever see is people shimming in the front and rear diffs. Do any of you shim the center diff as well? Have some 200k on hand and was thinking about throwing some in there and while I’m at shimming.

All I ever see is people shimming in the front and rear diffs. Do any of you shim the center diff as well? Have some 200k on hand and was thinking about throwing some in there and while I’m at shimming.
For the internal gears yes, with Mugen E0206 shims. You won't need to shim the bearings 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back