Issues with EXB servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
Been reading that the 1/8 Kraton EXB servo saver is weak.. or loses tension as time passes.

I just bought a new Kraton EXB and in the process her stripping her down and changing parts that require changing. With that being said, I came across this Hot Racing unit. Will it help with the issues related to sloppy? Is it a direct bolt-on? If not please steer (pun intended) me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

F9E68433-1C75-4329-B7F6-4138DD012CA3.jpeg

I know my KEXB servo saver stopped allowing the wheels to move after only a few months. I had to do the c clip mod to increase the tension on the spring.

So This relatively New EXB Servo saver was working horribly!
I was going to modify it but instead bought a TLR steering rack with saver.

I decided to try and modify this one anyway, want the TLR for another project.

There was NO locktight. AND I was able to unscrew it with my HANDS!
Maybe thats why it went from okay to not okay.

IMG_2798.jpeg

If setup properly, with some Blue TL, The Arrma "X-Hard" spring with stocker steering will work fine.
Arrma was originally using Red TL and you couldn't swap out to the Optional X-Hard spring without breaking the steering SS.
The X-Hard "Chrome" spring is fine. What you want.
And if you want to shim it even more, that is fine also.
The HR variant/SS and HR spring may not be strong enough?????:unsure: IDK.
I am not quick to jump on HR stuff when I don't have to.
Just me.:cool:

If setup properly, with some Blue TL, The Arrma "X-Hard" spring with stocker steering will work fine.
Arrma was originally using Red TL and you couldn't swap out to the Optional X-Hard spring without breaking the steering SS.
The X-Hard "Chrome" spring is fine. What you want.
And if you want to shim it even more, that is fine also.
The HR variant/SS and HR spring may not be strong enough?????:unsure: IDK.
I am not quick to jump on HR stuff when I don't have to.
Just me.:cool:

Good Advise, as usual! Thanks.

Since I got it apart so easily LOL Im considering an adjustable type.

Hot Racing Arrma 1/8 Servo Saver Tube w/Clamping Nut Set (Red)

Arrma had an adjustable SS, but dropped it in the V4 Kraton for a fixed one. I thought that was lame IMHO. I bought out all the adjustable ones from JennysRC back then. I prefer them. My other Arrma newer rigs with the Fixed servo savers, I just shim as needed. Having the X-Hard spring is the most important part there.
It's your call. Most other Brand 1/8 Rigs still use adjustable SS's. Which is best. Mostly Track rigs have them theses days. I find that alloy SS's tend to Bind up when they get dirty and the alloy wears against each other. Less so with plastic SS's.

Arrma had an adjustable SS, but dropped it in the V4 Kraton for a fixed one. I thought that was lame IMHO. I bought out all the adjustable ones from JennysRC back then. I prefer them. My other Arrma newer rigs with the Fixed servo savers, I just shim as needed. Having the X-Hard spring is the most important part there.
It's your call. Most other Brand 1/8 Rigs still use adjustable SS's. Which is best. Mostly Track rigs have them theses days. I find that alloy SS's tend to Bind up when they get dirty and the alloy wears against each other. Less so with plastic SS's.

So the way I see it, the lower bearing fits into the HR adjustable servo saver?
They are different.
:unsure:

IMG_2799 copy.jpg

aon48a02.jpg

Going to order this ARRMA Servo Saver Spring 12x20mm X-Hard Spring.
And washers... Gotta find the size.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back