Granite Issues with my new Voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATP_driver

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I bought a $99 Voltage on Amazon for my 8 y/o nephew's birthday along with 2 Zeee 5200mAh 2s lipo batteries. Within the first 10 minutes of driving, the car lost a dog bone. Mind you this was flat driving mostly on the street, no curbs. Luckily I found it. How it fell out I'll never know, bc I had to remove the shock to get it back in place. After the repair I go to drive the car left and all I hear is click click click (stripped steering servo). Needless to say I'm kind of disappointed in the quality of this RC. Arrma customer service has been great and has a new servo on the way. But I still cant help but think that this thing is Chinese crap. I was fully expecting to fix and upgrade this car as he used it. I just didn't expect to be doing it before he burned through the first battery.

I bought a $99 Voltage on Amazon for my 8 y/o nephew's birthday along with 2 Zeee 5200mAh 2s lipo batteries. Within the first 10 minutes of driving, the car lost a dog bone. Mind you this was flat driving mostly on the street, no curbs. Luckily I found it. How it fell out I'll never know, bc I had to remove the shock to get it back in place. After the repair I go to drive the car left and all I hear is click click click (stripped steering servo). Needless to say I'm kind of disappointed in the quality of this RC. Arrma customer service has been great and has a new servo on the way. But I still cant help but think that this thing is Chinese crap. I was fully expecting to fix and upgrade this car as he used it. I just didn't expect to be doing it before he burned through the first battery.
Yes, they are crapish. But I still have three because they are a blast for my wife and stepdaughter. The 3rd I’m converting to cheap brushless to learn and for fun.

Dog bones often pop out or chew up cups cause at full compression or extension they come up to the edge of the cut in the cup and can pop out or jam. Other bad habits also chew up cups but this is a big one. So just add one small preload clip to each the rear shocks. I also put a small o ring in the center of each tranny cup to tighten things up.

Or get the below. Front are longer, back are shorter then stock. They jack up the front end and lower the back some, keeping the dog bones more parallel. Drives and jumps great with them. Throw in one of the cheap 15-20 buck amazon servos and a kimbrough 124 (needs slight mods but easy to do). Now no more issues.

Teach em to not be trigger happy. If jumping let off the gas in the air. Don’t try to conquer high grass. Don’t try to gas their way out of being stuck. The plastic gears are kinda tough and will hold up if treated decent.

Maybe you got a bum car, if from Amazon, send it back. I had to do that with 2 of mine.
Lastly…it’s entry level. Barely. Just good enough to spark interest for a newbie. If he takes to it, get him a $220 mega granite. It’s maybe a better starting point for a kid.

7B0FA4F5-EAD7-46B9-A372-58821303BBF6.png

B781E203-0ED7-4A94-8B03-E875A02EEED6.png

E2A8A3CF-F28A-4550-A145-AE2141BD449D.png

F264122B-C2A4-4AAD-AB28-58525F592DEA.jpeg

A61724C3-5C41-4AEC-AE8B-4EA776F5CCCD.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back