Big Rock It’s hot outside!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcwelder76

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Just got through 2 packs without a single break……. Sorta😐 I did have to reset the esc-cycle on&off several times on the second pack. So, is it just me(rookie student driver)? Or just the fact that is the south& 90+ degrees?

Is it the stock combo or anything else?

This is how my Hobbywing XR8 startet to tell me that it would quit working soon.
It gave me 2 or 3 more packs to get used to not having an esc any more. But unfortunately i didn't understand what it was tryimg to tell me. So i was quite a bit surprised as he suddenly didn't do anything anymore. 😊

What was the ESC LED doing when you had to reset it? The BLX100 is known to hit LVC early, especially if you're using an adapter on your battery. I think steady red flash is LVC and green flash is over-temp.

What was the ESC LED doing when you had to reset it? The BLX100 is known to hit LVC early, especially if you're using an adapter on your battery. I think steady red flash is LVC and green flash is over-temp.
Yes your right, the first XT60 Plugs that i used were soldered awfully bad, took me a while to find that source of trouble.

Are you checking temps with a temp gun? The ESC is good to about 220 degrees before it hits thermal cutoff (Probably when it gets close to that). I would be very careful running back to back in 90 degree weather lol You need to worry about cooking that motor as well

Thanks for the replies. I had a suspicion that I should have been giving it a little time to cool between packs. If I remember correctly I had a blinking red light. As far as adapters for batteries/ no. Guess I’ll just have to give it 10-20 minutes between runs to cool.

Thanks for the replies. I had a suspicion that I should have been giving it a little time to cool between packs. If I remember correctly I had a blinking red light. As far as adapters for batteries/ no. Guess I’ll just have to give it 10-20 minutes between runs to cool.
Run 15min. Rest 15min. I also started by just running ad hard as possible till the batt went dead.👍. And then but load of problems. haven't had a good bash in a month or more

Just got through 2 packs without a single break……. Sorta😐 I did have to reset the esc-cycle on&off several times on the second pack. So, is it just me(rookie student driver)? Or just the fact that is the south& 90+ degrees?

I'm in hot TN, not you the RC....need better fans to help, rest as others said...but fans that pull more air helps both ESC and motor to replace... With those, I can get through a full bash and rest it before the next pack and bash again.

Example...
https://www.amazon.com/Cooling-Heat...pd_rd_i=B08K8VVYVP&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_1_i

Parcou, are those fans a direct plug and play or soildered to fit? One for motor heat sinc or 2 for esc? The truck started acting funny yesterday on the first pack and running in grass.

Parcou, are those fans a direct plug and play or soildered to fit? One for motor heat sinc or 2 for esc? The truck started acting funny yesterday on the first pack and running in grass.
The one he referenced i just put on my Big Rock motor. It only has 2 prong but will fit into the 3-prong for the stock fan

I'm sure at some point if you really get into the hobby you'll end up with more than one rc, then you can just cycle through the cars/trucks. It's what i do while i think i run out before the cars and packs do...lol

Monster RC your exactly right. I’m trying to convince my c f o that we need another like a Kraton or notorious so that we can run 2 together. The big Rock for the kids and a 6s model for myself

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back