It’s not an Arrma but.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooooo, @KevinC how are you liking the buggy?!?! My interest is more than piqued; the Losi looks like it actually comes outfitted with all of the upgrades I want for my K8S... But how does it drive?

Sooooo, @KevinC how are you liking the buggy?!?! My interest is more than piqued; the Losi looks like it actually comes outfitted with all of the upgrades I want for my K8S... But how does it drive?
I'm interested in his thoughts as well .. but mine are that it drives REALLY nice! :) .. and really looks like it's at home in the dirt.

I only ran it once on pavement in my cul de sac. It’s very well built, 7mm shafts all around, 5mm drive pins. Looks great and handled very well on the road. I was able to drift it to some degree. It’s easy to work on, lots of space in the chassis. Motor temp reached 150F. I’ve since installed a castle dual fan (the schitty plastic one for the 2028)
Although I buttoned everything up before I ran it, the pinion was loose when I checked it after the run. There wasn’t a hint of locktite on it so it’s now in my basement curing.
I love the rig and I’ve had my eye on it for months. Not cheap......$1550 Canadian before tax...

My first mod.......Arrma body clip retainers.....

876B06B1-0EE2-4012-B2F0-E7D4D32E3081.jpeg

cheers,
kev

Last edited:
@KevinC I’m pretty sure those body clips are some kind of copyright infringement ?

I’m OK with the price point, but to be honest if (when) I eventually get the Losi, I think I might baby it and avoid launching in fear of messing it up!!

Funny how I have zero qualms about destroying any of my Arrma 6 and 8S trucks (it’s just plastic!) but with higher end metal and alloy build materials, I’m worried about scratches ?

That said, I’m disappointed if I don’t wreck at least one of my trucks and need parts on the weekly (which is funny, because as I get better at driving, I have to try harder to find the limits).

I guess this isn’t the place where you post videos of your Losi dirt rocket, (is it?) but if you do, let us know!!

Last edited:
@KevinC I’m pretty sure those body clips are some kind of copyright infringement ?

I’m OK with the price point, but to be honest if (when) I eventually get the Losi, I think I might baby it and avoid launchingin fear of messing it up!!

Funny how I have zero qualms about destroying any of my Arrma 6 and 8S trucks (it’s just plastic!) but with higher end metal and alloy build materials, I’m worried about scratches ?

I’m disappointed if I don’t wreck at least one of my trucks and need parts on the weekly (which is funny, because as I get better at driving, I have to try harder to find the limits).

I guess this isn’t the place where you post videos of your Losi dirt rocket, (is it?) but if you do, let us know!!

You are having the same thoughts as me regarding bashing this thing. I think I’ll baby it for a while. It’s not something I will launch too far or high, maybe just light terrain jumps. It’s no stunt rig me thinks.

cheers,
kev

I’m OK with the price point, but to be honest if (when) I eventually get the Losi, I think I might baby it and avoid launching in fear of messing it up!!

That said, I’m disappointed if I don’t wreck at least one of my trucks and need parts on the weekly (which is funny, because as I get better at driving, I have to try harder to find the limits).

You are having the same thoughts as me regarding bashing this thing. I think I’ll baby it for a while. It’s not something I will launch too far or high, maybe just light terrain jumps. It’s no stunt rig me thinks.

cheers,
kev

For the price, I'm not signing up to launch it anytime soon either. I have jumped it across my driveway though (8' across?) - and it jumped maybe 18" up, completely cleared the driveway. Looks like a smooth, balanced, great flyer.
I’ve since installed a castle dual fan (the schitty plastic one for the 2028).
Do you not like the fan?

Last edited:
Limited experience with two of these fan units.....one fan out of each setup is intermittent at best. I’m now on my third unit which I put in the Losi. I’ll run it tomorrow.

cheers,
kev

Turned 55 today so I thought I’d treat myself! ?

View attachment 101541

Nice rig, I bought the same a couple weeks back, do yourself a favor, go thru it and loctite every metal to metal bolt, it has the opposite problem Arrma's have, there is no loctite. My pinion and axle pin grub screws, looked like they were actually lubed instead of loctite'd.

Great rig though overall, I disabled AVC, changed pinion, added hub extenders, and changed to some MX43's,it's a blast to drive now.

Nice rig, I bought the same a couple weeks back, do yourself a favor, go thru it and loctite every metal to metal bolt, it has the opposite problem Arrma's have, there is no loctite. My pinion and axle pin grub screws, looked like they were actually lubed instead of loctite'd.

Great rig though overall, I disabled AVC, changed pinion, added hub extenders, and changed to some MX43's,it's a blast to drive now.

@TooTall
Pinion is ordered, Locktite is done on all bits, hub extenders......haven’t thought much about those, can you share your thoughts, I like the idea....how much total width do you gain? MX 43’s! Holy crap! Can you post a pic?

cheers,
kev

@TooTall
Pinion is ordered, Locktite is done on all bits, hub extenders......haven’t thought much about those, can you share your thoughts, I like the idea....how much total width do you gain? MX 43’s! Holy crap! Can you post a pic?

cheers,
kev
I used these extenders, you gain about an inch, plus the added width of the wheels.
https://www.dgiracing.com/1-wheel-extenders-for-losi-dbxl-mtxl/

i'm not near mine currently, but this is the same wheels/tires on this one I found online, I'm guessing i'll need a servo at some point trying to turn those big wheels.:

1601332497604.png

@TooTall

cheers,
kev
Which pinion?
I used these extenders, you gain about an inch, plus the added width of the wheels.
https://www.dgiracing.com/1-wheel-extenders-for-losi-dbxl-mtxl/

i'm not near mine currently, but this is the same wheels/tires on this one I found online, I'm guessing i'll need a servo at some point trying to turn those big wheels.:

View attachment 102242
Will the MX43's work without the extenders? Because they're heavier - did it affect the runtime?

Which pinion?

Will the MX43's work without the extenders? Because they're heavier - did it affect the runtime?
i used 17 tooth pinion. The MX43 will fit without extenders, but I think they would rub a bit on sharp turns.

i used 17 tooth pinion. The MX43 will fit without extenders, but I think they would rub a bit on sharp turns.

Those MX43’s look right at home on this rig right? Nice. I just ordered the DGI hub extenders. I really dig the stock tires, very firm but damn those big boys look nice on there. I have a new set of Duratrax Lockup’s and Six packs I’ll test eventually.

On another note, the camber was positive on the rears so I changed that up to negative and the toe on the front was pointing slightly inwards....../ \.....that’s fixed too.

cheers,
kev

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back