It’s not arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twoteccs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
But I got this truck for 100 bucks but arrma the only car I’ve had I did some research I think I’m missing a peace to make it have breaks and reverse any one know ????

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am seeing a servo for steering and a esc and a motor so unless the car had a extra servo for brakes or something like that I don't see a electronic that would do brakes. The front driveshaft is missing it looks like.

If that's an old T-maxx conversion it looks like its missing the brake disc assembly.
I don’t if it is I got it off face book market guy said it was gas to electric I just don’t know what peace to look up or buy to put thrrr

I am seeing a servo for steering and a esc and a motor so unless the car had a extra servo for brakes or something like that I don't see a electronic that would do brakes. The front driveshaft is missing it looks like.
We’re do I get the front drive shaft and which one to get

If that's an old T-maxx conversion it looks like its missing the brake disc assembly.
Pretty sure it's an MGT. I believe it has an internal 2-speed. If you take the trans apart and figure out how to remove one of the gears while locking the other so the oneway bearing isn't in play, then you will have brakes via the motor. Nitro's with 2-speeds typically have a OWB in them on first gear, so when 2nd engages, the 1st gear free spins with it. If they both are locked in at the same time, the transmission locks up.

Or, you have to add a throttle/brake servo, linkage, pads, brake disk, etc:
2021-0331-MGTBrakeParts01-brakeAssembly.jpg

2021-0331-MGTBrakeParts02-linkage.jpg

2021-0331-MGTBrakeParts03-linkageInstalled.jpg

Will also need a splitter for your esc/receiver wire so you can run a servo and the esc off it. I've never done that, but in theory, you would set the esc to not have reverse, then install the servo and adjust the brake endpoint/linkage as needed.

Pretty sure it's an MGT. I believe it has an internal 2-speed. If you take the trans apart and figure out how to remove one of the gears while locking the other so the oneway bearing isn't in play, then you will have brakes via the motor. Nitro's with 2-speeds typically have a OWB in them on first gear, so when 2nd engages, the 1st gear free spins with it. If they both are locked in at the same time, the transmission locks up.

Or, you have to add a throttle/brake servo, linkage, pads, brake disk, etc:
2021-0331-MGTBrakeParts01-brakeAssembly.jpg

2021-0331-MGTBrakeParts02-linkage.jpg

2021-0331-MGTBrakeParts03-linkageInstalled.jpg

Will also need a splitter for your esc/receiver wire so you can run a servo and the esc off it. I've never done that, but in theory, you would set the esc to not have reverse, then install the servo and adjust the brake endpoint/linkage as needed.
Thank you that’s what I was thinking just wasn’t sure if the names of the servo linkage thing I tryd stop the gears but I knew I had to leave a gear out and I didn’t

Is the a special center diff I have to use ??
I do not think adding a center diff to that is going to be the easiest task. It is going to require a bit of custom work. https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/872991-ae-mgt-center-diff-brushless-conversion.html
This guy used to make the mounts https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thunder-ti...enter-diff-brushless-conversion-/254104713408
Parts including with the conversion:
Machined Alloy (7075) Μotor mount with center diff mount (2 pcs)
2pcs (m4 to m3 Spacers)
(No mounting screws)

You will need:
1.Center diff - i recomend a THUNDER TIGER MT4 OR TEAM ASSOCIATED RC8 center diff

2a)Center dogbones - i recomend kyosho inferno st center dogbones
#IS009 for the front one
#MA024 for the rear

In all honesty I think your best bet is to do a forward only conversion.

Last edited:
Parts for these have become very difficult to source. There is a very active facebook group for these still. I parted out my rival (electric version) and I cleared just about enough to buy a brand new mojave exb, which I threw my castle and sanwa running gear from the rival into. Just saying, if it was my score for a hundred bucks, I'd be selling and moving towards a mojave or kraton...

Parts for these have become very difficult to source. There is a very active facebook group for these still. I parted out my rival (electric version) and I cleared just about enough to buy a brand new mojave exb, which I threw my castle and sanwa running gear from the rival into. Just saying, if it was my score for a hundred bucks, I'd be selling and moving towards a mojave or kraton...
What the fb group name

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back