It’s not just me right? Buying parts I forgot I bought already

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainger40

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
The latest version of this wasn’t so bad, bought pinions I already had and only cost me $4, but I’ve done it on pricier items. Forget I have them until the new ones show up and I go to put them in the toolbox and oh I’ve already got that haha. It’s a good thing my wife loves me because she rarely if ever cares. Whats the last thing you bought twice because you forgot? What was the biggest ticket item you did that with?

I've never actually done it, but it *almost* happens all the time. There's usually a nagging feeling that I'd better check before hitting checkout, and I indulge that through a quick email search. So if you feel that doubt, check your receipts! Most things I don't need duplicates of, so it saves money that I can use for more toys.

Edit: My wife counts packages as they come through the door. Big or small, expensive or cheap, it's the number of orders that sets her off...

I have my spares sorted in bins, which makes it a lot easier to keep overview.
Bin for arms, bin for diffs, 1 for everything else I have but don't need to buy spares (old motors, ESC etc).
Total 3 bins and makes life a lot simpler.
Also have small parts containers for screws, washers and pinions (sorted by size).
All in all ~$20 in organizing stuff, prevented me from buying $100's of duplicates.

Driveshafts for my truggy and rear wing mounts for the noto. Hilariously I am proficient at destroying both though, so they will come in handy soon enough.

The other thing I'm bad for over ordering is diff and shock oils. Like I'm putting a general rc order in and I buy some more "just in case". I have 4 bottles of 10k lmao

Just spur gears. The worst part is I actually learned how to set slipper clutches so I have an unopened box with 3 of them inside. I bet when I need one I won't be able to find it.

Also: shock parts. I have a whole set in pieces somewhere if I could find and assemble them all.

The latest version of this wasn’t so bad, bought pinions I already had and only cost me $4, but I’ve done it on pricier items. Forget I have them until the new ones show up and I go to put them in the toolbox and oh I’ve already got that haha. It’s a good thing my wife loves me because she rarely if ever cares. Whats the last thing you bought twice because you forgot? What was the biggest ticket item you did that with?
I have an extra input gear, and I just bought two more from Jenny's, because, why not? :ROFLMAO:

No, I have a reason. I stripped out one in my Typhon 4ssoontobe6s and I always need to have AT LEAST one extra on hand.(y)
Screenshot 2021-04-22 12.27.49 PM.png

I haven't don't that yet, but I have sold parts on eBay that (I thought) I didn't need, and then buy them again later.
That's even worse:ROFLMAO:

That must be infuriating
Oh wait.

I did this too.

I bought input gears and fully assembled diffs from Jenny's and then went to the LHS and bought a crown gear and inputs and serviced it myself because I was impatient.

It was way cheaper to fix it myself but I guess I have spares for when I am too drunk and impatient and just want to jam new diffs in.

I haven't don't that yet, but I have sold parts on eBay that (I thought) I didn't need, and then buy them again later.
Oh that’s got to be annoying at best haha, hopefully they weren’t marked up from your sale price😳

I've done it before but it's easy to do when you have totes of parts. Just recently started to go thru things and sort and lable.

Yep. I've done it more than once. I've also ordered the same wrong part twice... like a month from each other. I ordered MIP female axle part when I needed male. I couldn't tell you where either of them are now... but I'll likely need them at some point. Then I'll probably screw up and order the male part! lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back