It’s RC not EZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
(Picture is my work bench after accessing rear diff on my Kraton 8.)

Let me preface the following rant by making it clear that I’m Arrma all the way, I don’t even want to imagine how Traxxas would build a DBXLE or a 1/5 Kraton with a plastic chassis…
Please now afford me the courtesy of taking this with a grain of salt, I’ve only been an RCologist since November ‘22.

The Kraton 8 (in order of worst BS to diaper load)
-tucking the receiver behind the servo and under the ESC tray… it’s an abomination.
-differentials are an absolute donkey punch to access, especially the rear.
-The motor slide for changing pinions is a real sac o’ balls
-changing the spur is harder than changing 600lb woman’s diaper.

78E06DD9-81AA-4422-8D30-70CDA8CB5B56.jpeg

Man, I'll take accessing diffs on a k8s over the traxxaas equivalent any day. I do agree with the RX location though. Super annoying to get to, especially with all the wires and stuff and trying not to crush them when you put it back together.

I gave up trying to get the wires in the receiver box. Every youtube build vid I've seen always skips over this part, which is interesting. I have my wires zip-tied and tucked to the left of the receiver/servo box (when facing front of vehicle). Getting the rubber seal on is difficult enough - but that combined with the wires? I ran out of swear words.

I'm likely going to buy the Vitavon Steering System - not to improve steering performance - but to improve accessibility to the whole ESC/receiver/servo package. This one. (Edit: not that this will fix wire frustration - just like not having to take stock one apart to access receiver)

I gave up trying to get the wires in the receiver box. Every youtube build vid I've seen always skips over this part, which is interesting. I have my wires zip-tied and tucked to the left of the receiver/servo box (when facing front of vehicle). Getting the rubber seal on is difficult enough - but that combined with the wires? I ran out of swear words.

I'm likely going to buy the Vitavon Steering System - not to improve steering performance - but to improve accessibility to the whole ESC/receiver/servo package. This one. (Edit: not that this will fix wire frustration - just like not having to take stock one apart to access receiver)
haha when I went into my k8s last I ended up getting frustrated and tossing that damn rx box gasket right over my shoulder. Even when I run in snow it doesn't get wet in there anyway.

Hmmm...center diff is a b!tch but the F&R were easy enough to get to. Is the BLX set up much different than the EXB? Mine came as a roller and I don't remember having any issues with the receiver either. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back