Big Rock It Was A Good Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mentioned wanting to try wrapping with braided line. Is there something youve found using the o-rings not satisfactory? Im interested in trying your method.

It still balloons a little on 3S and I’m about to do a 4S transplant. The Badlands are my fav bashing tires, and if they just would not balloon, I think I could hold straighter lines and have more control at top speeds.

I’m also having servo issues that may be partly to blame for the lack of control. I have an ADS-15 on the way too.

Yep lack of control, was my first issue and hopefully it will be solved after the upgrade. 3s is more then enough for this oldtimer. Together with the T bone bumper and some leds this should be my car, me controlling the car, not to get frustrated by a fast blue obstacle finder and hoping he survive the trip in the woods. Strange that here on arrmaforum its a known problem and upgrades are known as well and the local shop didnt mention 1 word about it. Thanks all involved for the help, patiece and time.

Last edited:
Yep lack of control, was my first issue and hopefully it will be solved after the upgrade. 3s is more then enough for this oldtimer. Together with the T bone bumper and some leds this should be my car, me controlling the car, not to get frustrated by a fast blue obstacle finder and hoping he survive the trip in the woods. Strange that here on arrmaforum its a known problem and upgrades are known as well and the local shoop didnt mention 1 word about it. Thanks all involved for the help, patiece and time.
Once you do the wider stance and 2.8 Badlands, I think you will be very happy. ????
I would look at shocks next though and be ready to change. Still, any improvement of new aluminum would be about $50 and offer the opportunity to add your choice of shock oil weight (I went 40wt.) After these couple mods to my BRCC, I have no more problems at all and I love to drive it almost as much as any 6s I own.

This is my first real and only RC car & i'm planning to keep it that way.
Thanks for all the info here, you guys are way ahead of people overhere. So i will keep sucking knowledge here.

Shocks will have to wait a bit, first see how the BRCC acts after the first surgery & i'm not into big bashings, more into accelerating, having a controlable blast in the woods.

Thinking of the modell we bought & the price after several upgrades, would a more expensive Outcast or Notorious do without any upgrades? Are they good out of the box? Or do they have the same issues?
Thanks Crimsonfancy & jondilly, can't wait until the mailman delivers the upgrades because i decided i won't drive until they are mounted.

Last edited:
But glue & rubber, don't know if that'll work. I thought jondilly just pulled them tight over the tires. I can only confirm if they stick after i have my goods from the mailman. Or just try it & check after a few bashes.

I'm going to try it out and see, but can't imagine them staying on without super glue. I'll let you know the results unless someone beats me to it.

I did lose one at the skate park. I did not glue mine at all. I may think about gluing them soon. Going to try a set wrapped and a set with rings and compare.

I wanted to update this thread with a pic of my o-ringed Badlands in action. This is on 3S at 45mph with rings on. Still balloons a little. I have a GoPro 6 Black on the rear shock tower, so it may be a little rear heavy this run, which lifts the front a little more, adding to the ballooning. Gonna wrap them soon and test that out as well.

What is your final verdict on O-rings vs Braided Line jondilly? (My wheels still aren't delivered)
My fishing line didn’t hold up for a single run, but that was because I didn’t glue it. I was trying to do a temporary setup without making a mess of the tire, but knots are no challenge for 4S power.

I also recently bought some thinner o-rings for the center of the tires. It has a thinner gap there, so I bought a 95 x 91 x 2mm set to place in the middle. I haven’t ran it much due to some breakdowns on the truck and been too busy to get out and run lately. I may get an opportunity to run today and will try to get some info for you.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N3UQAF8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_7ojhDb2M9Q775

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back