It was a sad day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Wonder what you mean with the wire plugs out, could that risk a fire?
Things coming unplugged is no big deal. Wires being pulled of esc perches or pulled out of the plugs is. Also batteries not tight in compartment. They slide around and shift inside their packaging, the little thin tabs that are all soldered together can snap causing a short there as well...

Things coming unplugged is no big deal. Wires being pulled of esc perches or pulled out of the plugs is. Also batteries not tight in compartment. They slide around and shift inside their packaging, the little thin tabs that are all soldered together can snap causing a short there as well...

Good to know it’s not a big deal.

The batteries are tighten well and not moving or slide in the small space in the tray,
it happens only if i nose dive at the front bumper after a bigger jump, must be the cables that jamming around in the "crash" and it’s often the right side, where the cable on esc have this extra capasitors added with a ziptie around the cable.

Sorry for your loss, I'm not sure if the attachment is the same on your rig. I have a granite with velcro and I put a small foam pad underneath(full size of tray) . This stopped any movement. Im not sure if it's bad for the battery as far as temperature but I've had no issues yet. The foam will hold a little water if I hit puddles which is probably the only drawback. Im new here so if this is a no no, let me know

Well the good news is that Horizon is helping me out on this. First box came this week.

Attachments

• 20200529_153845.jpg
    20200529_153845.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200529_153850.jpg
    20200529_153850.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 56
Sorry not trying to be a negative Nancy or Debbie downer. It blows that your truck started on fire and I would be about ready to walk away if that happened to mine.

Pretty sure those "30c" lipos started on fire because they are underpowered for that rig.........This is why it is important to use actual quality batteries, the Spektrum 100c lipos were only tested at 29c so I can about imagine what the true c rate of those batteries is............... When the batteries cannot keep up with the amp load they puff up and worst case scenario they start on fire. Also pretty sure the manual says minimum of 35c.

People need to stop falling for marketing and gimmicky crap.

View attachment 80143
Can you share where that chart is from? I like it and would love to read context and decode some abbreviations.

That's a bummer, never had a rig fire but always wondered if I did if I could get that lipo out before a complete meltdown like yours.

sorry for that tragic set back but thank you for sharing so that someone else may be able to avoid it

agghh sorry to see that, hopefully you can maybe salvage a few parts

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back