Kraton Its because I bought a Kraton for christmas...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChemEng

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
Yeah, -6° tonight, that’ll make plastic brittle.

Dat reel feel doh.
Screenshot_20210215-164338_WTForecast.jpg

You guys should try living in Scotland...you’d never be out if you didn’t run in a wee bit of mud. It’s great fun, get some marine grease in the bearings and a few spare bearings for when they die and you’re sorted. My RC‘s are often found drying by the fire after a run. The recent snow has been a welcome change!

I never thought I'd say it, but maybe all the snow in the great white north isn't such a bad thing!
If they used salt in that parking lot you might want to buy new bearing set. I'll run in the snow, but I stay well away from the roads and parking lots in the winter. I made the mistake of doing some runs up and down the road for a couple of days during winter with my ERBE. I figured I would pull the electronics and wash it in the shower each day. All of the wheel and diff bearings self destructed a shortly there after.

If they used salt in that parking lot you might want to buy new bearing set. I'll run in the snow, but I stay well away from the roads and parking lots in the winter. I made the mistake of doing some runs up and down the road for a couple of days during winter with my ERBE. I figured I would pull the electronics and wash it in the shower each day. All of the wheel and diff bearings self destructed a shortly there after.
I'm running rubber shielded bearings, and panty hose to keep the snow out of the centre of the truck. I've replaced a lot of the hardware with stainless, I try to get all the snow out of the wheels when I'm done, and I've never really had problems.

Last time I drove in the mud it took me 3 days to disassemble, clean all the diffs and bearings, re lube and reassemble everything on my maxx and xmaxx. I'm gonna avoid water if at all possible from now on.
Rinse them off with a hose and spray em down with PB blaster. Bearing kits are cheap as heck, just replace them when they seize.

Rinse them off with a hose and spray em down with PB blaster. Bearing kits are cheap as heck, just replace them when they seize.
I would like to think that it would be a good idea to change them before they seize.

We got over a foot of snow here in Toledo overnight. Makes for some big drifts. I should probably shovel out the fire hydrant now that I think about it.

image.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back