Kraton Its because I bought a Kraton for christmas...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warms up next week in South Dakota saw 45 and 46 next week!
Monday is going to be t-shirt and shorts weather.
Screenshot_20210216-172938_Chrome.jpg

I wish!! We only get up to 37. So funny how just last week it was like -20 in some areas of South Dakota.
Welcome to SD the land where you can get frost bite and sun burn all in the same day https://www.weathernationtv.com/news/day-spearfish-south-dakota-set-world-record/

We also hold the US record for the shortest time between 100* and measurable snow which is now 2 days https://kroc.com/south-dakota-just-...time-between-100-degrees-and-measurable-snow/

We got over a foot of snow here in Toledo overnight. Makes for some big drifts. I should probably shovel out the fire hydrant now that I think about it.

View attachment 126952
We got dumped on up here too. Snow drifts are Mother Nature's gift of ramps to anyone who likes to rc in the winter.

I run the kraton in all weathers, i upgraded to rubber sealed bearings ages sgo, my rx is zip tied in a balloon in the box.

If it's filthy when i get home i pressure wash it and air hose it dry, a good coating of wd40 or gt85 protects it after.

No rust, no problems.

I also run rpm arms so don't worry about the cold either.

One important thing though is seal the rim holes and vent the tyres to spin the water out.

Always heard that pressure washing anything that has bearings with exposed seals was a big no no due to water making it past the seals.

Always heard that pressure washing anything that has bearings with exposed seals was a big no no due to water making it past the seals.
I would never pressure wash my rc car. I have thought about pulling the electronics, diffs, shocks and bearing and washing everything in the dishwasher a time or two :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'll take all this rain compared to snow and ice they're getting elsewhere. Hell it's not even getting that cold here during the day.
I’m in VA and the ice has been awful lately.
I like driving them in the snow, but the screws turn orange, and the bearing die faster, and you need to vent the tires. But it sure is fun driving on snow packed down from sledders...
I use stainless screws on all my rigs. I hate seeing a rusty screw lol. Lately I’ve found a nice quality giant stainless screw kit off Amazon. Only around $15 shipped and they fit my mip drivers very well.

Attachments

• BA3BCDE0-4D57-49C4-B0F4-AD5CE870AA5E.jpeg
    BA3BCDE0-4D57-49C4-B0F4-AD5CE870AA5E.jpeg
    512.3 KB · Views: 36
  • CB412B5B-5882-4F8D-8EC3-F012AC95AB44.jpeg
    CB412B5B-5882-4F8D-8EC3-F012AC95AB44.jpeg
    581 KB · Views: 36
  • F9B287A8-1119-43E6-A487-1C008BE9D1D4.jpeg
    F9B287A8-1119-43E6-A487-1C008BE9D1D4.jpeg
    521.2 KB · Views: 36
  • A1C148F4-0B9B-48CC-81D2-ECB3A525E9BD.jpeg
    A1C148F4-0B9B-48CC-81D2-ECB3A525E9BD.jpeg
    556.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I’m in VA and the ice has been awful lately.

I use stainless screws on all my rigs. I hate seeing a rusty screw lol. Lately I’ve found a nice quality giant stainless screw kit off Amazon. Only around $15 shipped and they fit my mip drivers very well.
Stainless looks nice, but strips out easier IMO. I don't like looking at rusty screw either! OCD :ROFLMAO: I hit my screw heads with a Q-tip and a little WD-40. 🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back