Kraton It's Here!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what ever reason when I go to this one lot to bash I can’t run my Force Rc Muckraker but can run my other cars. For whatever reason the car will only work maybe within 50-100 feet and then it dies until I walk close again. Everywhere else I run it works fine almost goes to out of sight...something in the unseen radio frequency environment will not allow that particular radio setup to work.

Also all you New v4 owners, be mindful that you turn off the vehicle power FIRST before the radio. My Losi mini 8T used to go full throttle if I turned the remote off first. It used a spektrum and full throttle to full stop usually doesn’t end well.
The blx needs to be set not to do that.
RcBashing the Kraton has a video all should watch to set the fail safe.

My first week with my DBXL-e was filled with the car shutting off 100+ ft away & horrible/no steering at times. I couldn't drive it 100ft away w/o going for a walk to restart the ESC. No amount of troubleshooting worked. I switched over to a ttx300 system & problem solved.

So you all with issues did you try a warranty request or just said time to move on to better equipment? Did anyone get a replacement that actually helped from warranty?
I'm curious if they would let me just upgrade the rx/tx with a credit for the faulty equipment. Say $50 towards a new Spektrum radio. ?‍♂️

I called Horizon. They said most likely the reciever and will send a new one out. So we'll see if that fixed it.

For what ever reason when I go to this one lot to bash I can’t run my Force Rc Muckraker but can run my other cars. For whatever reason the car will only work maybe within 50-100 feet and then it dies until I walk close again. Everywhere else I run it works fine almost goes to out of sight...something in the unseen radio frequency environment will not allow that particular radio setup to work.

Good video! I never had the problem with my arrma doing it though just with the dynamite and then traxxas merv esc. Both linked up with a spektrum dx2e

There is nothing in the manual that I found for this And the new Spektrum radios. I did this process on my Senton 3s so I'm familiar with it. Would that mean the failsafe is added at the factory? I did turn my radio off with the truck on. Nothing happened. So I'm assuming it's already enabled.

Super bummed that I ordered a Kraton 2 weeks ago to see that they had a new model... Looks great man!

Well I got my first bash in. I didn't break anything! I'm in love with this truck. I did notice one thing odd. I would lose control to both steering and throttle intermittently at various distances. The batteries in my TX were freshly charged. It would only lose signal for a second or two, but I was concerned I might hit kids at the park so I called it a day. Time to look it over. Has anyone had a similar experience with their vehicle?
There was another guy having steering/throttle problems with new kraton have a look through forum , by now you have prob read thread, if not its there for you to have a look, new receiver seemed to have fixed his problem. Good luck. Btw truck looks sweet man

Thanks it was me. I posted it separately for its own post. So far so good except for a rainy weekend.

There is nothing in the manual that I found for this And the new Spektrum radios. I did this process on my Senton 3s so I'm familiar with it. Would that mean the failsafe is added at the factory? I did turn my radio off with the truck on. Nothing happened. So I'm assuming it's already enabled.
Yes. It should be set to fail safe already. My typhon was second hand and the blx185 was reset to non lipo and failsafe was not set. So it should be set from the factory but it doesn't hurt to check.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back