Raider Its here !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeeBeMe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hey arrma Family.

My own raider xl mega just came in the mail today. Me and my boys all have our own buggy now.
My oldest son 11yrs old has the { green raider blx } that can reach 60mph, me and my other son both have the { red & white mega xl buggy }.
I wanted to have fun but be fair with my boys when we race, so i got me one too.

My question is: My son has the raider blx green buggy with a 7.2 volt 4000 mah pack battery in it, will it still beat my mega buggy thats all stock but has a 2s 4000mah 40c lipo battery ?

Oh and my other son has the stock xl mega with 7.2 volt 5000 mah pack...

Lol, don't mind the arm on the green buggy. I have to replace the shaft because my son got his first crash in...

Attachments

• 20170123_153827.jpg
    20170123_153827.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 54
According to this, if you gear up the Mega and run 2S lipo, you should be close to the stock BLX on nimh. But only if you gear up.

arrmaraiderspeed.jpg

Hey arrma Family.

My own raider xl mega just came in the mail today. Me and my boys all have our own buggy now.
My oldest son 11yrs old has the { green raider blx } that can reach 60mph, me and my other son both have the { red & white mega xl buggy }.
I wanted to have fun but be fair with my boys when we race, so i got me one too.

My question is: My son has the raider blx green buggy with a 7.2 volt 4000 mah pack battery in it, will it still beat my mega buggy thats all stock but has a 2s 4000mah 40c lipo battery ?

Oh and my other son has the stock xl mega with 7.2 volt 5000 mah pack...

Lol, don't mind the arm on the green buggy. I have to replace the shaft because my son got his first crash in...

Awesome!!!! Have fun with those cars and most of all your kids. Good times!!!

Last edited:
Those are two nice looking Raiders!!!;)
What's up with the left front suspension arm of the BLX?

I would highly NOT recommend to gear up.
Even on standard gearing the MEGA motor on a 2S lipo will burn it's brushes (non replaceable) quite fast.
I cheap upgrade would be the Traxxas 12T brushed motor. It will give a bit more speed and torque, yet will last longer. Especially on a lipo.

The BLX system, compared to the MEGA, is ridiculously fast, even on a ni-mh pack!
We have 3 Fury's/Mojave's, which of 1 is a MEGA and 1 is a BLX.
We raced them, and both on 2S (never experienced the BLX on anything different than 2S and 3S lipo's).

Our first MEGA motor took 6 packs before it broke.
The second and third did less. Of course it depends on which surface you drive the cars.
We did it in dirt, which will give more strain on the MEGA motor than tarmac for example.

If you create a "technical" track to compete on with your sons, speed is not everything :cool:
When racing slow is fast, since fast means flipping, crashing and getting off the track real fast :rolleyes:;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back