Senton It's time to (re)build my Senton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grihn

It's small, but it's fierce!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Infraction
  4. Outcast 4s
  5. Senton 6s
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Vendetta
  8. Vorteks
  9. Voltage
So I picked up another Senton 6s. I got it used from a guy at a local hobby shop who was trying to unload it to pay some bills, but they weren't buying, so after taking it for a rip around the parking lot, I gave him $400 for it. It has a lot of GPM parts on it, that, with the exception of the shocks, I've been happy enough with (though I'm reading a lot that makes me want to get rid of some of them). Given how much I've been enjoying the hobby lately, I figured I'd build myself my ultimate Senton. There's currently nothing "wrong" with it, I just can't seem to ever leave well enough alone.

I've ordered a Chassis from M2C and have a handful of other things on order that I will update with once the chassis comes in and the build actually starts, but I want your opinions on something.

Currently the truck has GPM control arms on it. These came with the truck when I bought it but they weren't installed. After breaking a factory front control arm by hitting a rock, I put the aluminum ones on. I haven't had a single issue with them, but I know they aren't loved, especially for bashing. However, this truck isn't (and really won't be) a heavy basher. I race it on homemade dirt/gravel tracks, and very occasionally jump it maybe 3 feet in the air at most. I do like the look of the aluminum control arms, but more importantly since my uses are mostly racing, it makes sense to me that having less flex would be beneficial. However, I understand that if I do end up cartwheeling the truck (which happens on occasion), it could potentially cause more extensive damage than factory parts would. What are your guys' opinions on this?

Here's the truck as it stands now.

20211201_141201.jpg

Last edited:
You need more plastic, metal will bend in the case of a crash. Stock arms would be perfect since they aren’t too flexible but flexible enough.

Chassis came in yesterday...still awaiting a few parts so I can begin construction. I also came to realize that with doing this it'll leave me with about 50% of another Senton, so I'll be building that one into a paved surface speed run truck.

Parts finally started coming in. Didn't get much done today, but some progress was made. M2C chassis, GPM gearbox and knuckles, Basherqueen towers, top plate, and ackerman plate, M2C 4mm spring perches and 6s shocks.
20211219_185502.jpg

20211219_185523.jpg

20211219_185529.jpg

20211219_185513.jpg

A bit more progress as I wait on a few parts, motor bearings and diff fluid. Got the tower to tower brace added for some additional rigidity. Had to slightly modify the roll cage but the strength of the cage wasn't affected too much. The body finally fits properly again now that the bent factory shock tower is replaced.
20211222_204234.jpg

20211222_204257.jpg

20211222_204324.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back