Its time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jdmcivic

Active Military
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
They arrived a few days ago and this guy desperately needs some attention.

20190906_183459.jpg
20190906_183439.jpg
20190906_183743.jpg

I have 2 mm and 2.5 mm MIP drivers and love using them, but recently, the 2 mm seems to being doing more damage then good. I've even tried grinding off a bit of the tip in the hopes of a tighter fit, but still having issues with with some screws that are longer or have a tighter fit. It's the button head and flat head screws that are giving me the most problems. The last screw that stripped, was the one that holds the hinge pin brace to the chassis that's attached to the front bulk head. Those are in tight and it stripped almost immediately. Had to drill off the head than use vice grips to take out what was remaining. Same thing happened when trying to remove one of the screws that hold the hinge pin brace to the front of the bulk head on the rear. Gonna try grinding down some more in the hopes that I can save this driver. Changing as many screws as I can to cap heads which seem to give the driver a little more depth to bite into.

I have 2 mm and 2.5 mm MIP drivers and love using them, but recently, the 2 mm seems to being doing more damage then good. I've even tried grinding off a bit of the tip in the hopes of a tighter fit, but still having issues with with some screws that are longer or have a tighter fit. It's the button head and flat head screws that are giving me the most problems. The last screw that stripped, was the one that holds the hinge pin brace to the chassis that's attached to the front bulk head. Those are in tight and it stripped almost immediately. Had to drill off the head than use vice grips to take out what was remaining. Same thing happened when trying to remove one of the screws that hold the hinge pin brace to the front of the bulk head on the rear. Gonna try grinding down some more in the hopes that I can save this driver. Changing as many screws as I can to cap heads which seem to give the driver a little more depth to bite into.
Great advice. I changed a few to cap head as well. Seemed to work better.

As for the tool heads, I have a small file set that may come in handy to keep them shaped but they should be good for a few years before needing anything. By that point a new set may be in order. We'll see...looks like I am about to do a full tear down of the outcast!

I thought you could send em in to MIP and they'd regrind for you as part of the warranty. Might be worth checking into?

I thought you could send em in to MIP and they'd regrind for you as part of the warranty. Might be worth checking into?
I emailed them with photos and what not, and their response was that the screws were the problem.

Awwww damn! That isn't what I wanted to hear
I just ground a bit of the end and it seems to be better now. Nothing lasts forever I guess, especially when you wrench as much as me'???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back