Kraton I've apparently done a bad thing!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Full Throttle R/C

Kraton v4 6s build
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
I'm an old nitro rc guy.... First electric rigs in the last couple months. I've had about 700.00 in lipos charged to run my rigs and something always comes up that I can't! Apparently you shouldn't keep a fully charged lipo for more than 2-3 days!!! We've got rain coming tomorrow late afternoon so I'm going to run all 3 (for now till tomorrow afternoon) to get the batteries to lvc. Hopefully I didn't damage the batteries... Maybe just shortened the life!?? Just sucks. I wanted to share so if you didn't know that you could learn from my mistake. Going to run em at my house and record for the first time. Nothing major... I need to build a ramp. I'll post up video asap! ?

I honestly hate having to bring lipos up\down to "Storage Charge" its just another step that I forget to do but I know that it is important.

Thenyou have to charge them back up again before going for a run which can take a decent while. Its another reason why I use cheap(er) lipos becasue I am too lazy to do the right thing with them usually and if I kill one becasue of my negligence I'm not too sad about it.

I honestly hate having to bring lipos up\down to "Storage Charge" its just another step that I forget to do but I know that it is important.

Thenyou have to charge them back up again before going for a run which can take a decent while. Its another reason why I use cheap(er) lipos becasue I am too lazy to do the right thing with them usually and if I kill one becasue of my negligence I'm not too sad about it.
I'm just new to electric rigs.... I'll deal with whatever happens I'm just bummed I efd up.

I’ve left mine fullly charged up to a week. I was told by both of my lhs that you can leave them like that for a couple weeks without any serious damage. They just said don’t go more than a couple weeks. It only takes a very small amount of life out of the battery. Definitely not a good habit to get in but probably not the end of the world either. Your best bet is always to charge right before you run and put back in storage charge when done, but things come up and that’s not always possible.

I’ve left mine fullly charged up to a week. I was told by both of my lhs that you can leave them like that for a couple weeks without any serious damage. They just said don’t go more than a couple weeks. It only takes a very small amount of life out of the battery. Definitely not a good habit to get in but probably not the end of the world either. Your best bet is always to charge right before you run and put back in storage charge when done, but things come up and that’s not always possible.
Thanks brother! I appreciate the feedback. Everything I'm reading says 2-3 days but I'll definitely be on point from now on!! ??

You can also put the lipo on the charger and discharge it that what i do when i cnat empty a full pack after a day
Will take a while but heh
Like forever ?

I only charge what I know what I will use. Charge the same day I run. Never leave them fully charged for more than 24 hours. If for some reason I can't run them I'll will discharge and storage, no exceptions. Been dealing with lipos for 15 years, wish I knew what I know now when I started. Used to do some stupid stuff with them. With $100.s invested in lipos, it's by the book.

It's said to be very careful but I'm guilty of charging , removing from the charger and forgetting. Not the end of the world at all.
We can split hairs or we can just do it and have fun. If my battery life isn't significantly compromised I don't worry about a thing and if I regularly charge at 2s or so I needn't worry imo. I have a discharger if I feel like I can't get out to expend my packs in time but never happens.
Respect the lipo enough to not push the limits and good to go. Also, keep em out of the house and have insurance where we keep em ?

3-4 hours like i just leave it do is thing
Just say’n that’s a long time to babysit batteries.
Especially if you have many packs to discharge.

Last edited:
It's said to be very careful but I'm guilty of charging , removing from the charger and forgetting. Not the end of the world at all.
We can split hairs or we can just do it and have fun. If my battery life isn't significantly compromised I don't worry about a thing and if I regularly charge at 2s or so I needn't worry imo. I have a discharger if I feel like I can't get out to expend my packs in time but never happens.
Respect the lipo enough to not push the limits and good to go. Also, keep em out of the house and have insurance where we keep em ?
I have fire insurance ??but seriously store them in the house in a fire proof bag inside an ammo box!
Just say’n that’s a long time to babysit batteries.
Especially if you have many packs to discharge.
Exactly!!!

Everyone has a different busy life. I also only have a single charger so mucking around with multiple packs is just annoying and can be quite time consuming depending on what I'm playing with or not.

A good overall guide to lipos and batteries and stuff is the Rogers Hobby Center Guide. Nice and clear but pretty comprehensive as well. In there he says that keeping them over a week may lower their lifespan and damage but its not a guarantee...

Everyone has a different busy life. I also only have a single charger so mucking around with multiple packs is just annoying and can be quite time consuming depending on what I'm playing with or not.

A good overall guide to lipos and batteries and stuff is the Rogers Hobby Center Guide. Nice and clear but pretty comprehensive as well. In there he says that keeping them over a week may lower their lifespan and damage but its not a guarantee...
Thank you brother ?

I'm an old nitro rc guy.... First electric rigs in the last couple months. I've had about 700.00 in lipos charged to run my rigs and something always comes up that I can't! Apparently you shouldn't keep a fully charged lipo for more than 2-3 days!!! We've got rain coming tomorrow late afternoon so I'm going to run all 3 (for now till tomorrow afternoon) to get the batteries to lvc. Hopefully I didn't damage the batteries... Maybe just shortened the life!?? Just sucks. I wanted to share so if you didn't know that you could learn from my mistake. Going to run em at my house and record for the first time. Nothing major... I need to build a ramp. I'll post up video asap! ?
I've only storage charged a couple of times in two years of bashing. After I run my rigs, I charge them back up full, not knowing when the next time I'll use them. I don't have the time and energy to try to save some small incremental damage I might be doing, but I still use my gensacearespammers 3s 5000 50c that I bought Christmas of 2017, and it doesn't seem to run much different than the two newer ones of the same make and size I bought in November of 2018. Like someone else mentioned, I'm also starting to buy cheaper batteries like HRB, cause for bashing, the difference is only in the eye of the beholder. If I was racing, I'd probably see things differently.

I've only storage charged a couple of times in two years of bashing. After I run my rigs, I charge them back up full, not knowing when the next time I'll use them. I don't have the time and energy to try to save some small incremental damage I might be doing, but I still use my gensacearespammers 3s 5000 50c that I bought Christmas of 2017, and it doesn't seem to run much different than the two newer ones of the same make and size I bought in November of 2018. Like someone else mentioned, I'm also starting to buy cheaper batteries like HRB, cause for bashing, the difference is only in the eye of the beholder. If I was racing, I'd probably see things differently.
That’s Awesome ?
I love your perspective!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back