Kraton I've apparently done a bad thing!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only storage charged a couple of times in two years of bashing. After I run my rigs, I charge them back up full, not knowing when the next time I'll use them. I don't have the time and energy to try to save some small incremental damage I might be doing, but I still use my gensacearespammers 3s 5000 50c that I bought Christmas of 2017, and it doesn't seem to run much different than the two newer ones of the same make and size I bought in November of 2018. Like someone else mentioned, I'm also starting to buy cheaper batteries like HRB, cause for bashing, the difference is only in the eye of the beholder. If I was racing, I'd probably see things differently.
Thank you johnny???

Thank you johnny???
It's only my opinion. Everyone should do what they think is best. If you have the time, do it based on what you've read. I just don't have the time, so if it costs me $60 once a year for a new battery, than that's just the cost of doing business.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
@Notorious J the one bit of caution I would give is that fully charged lipos are holding way more energy than storage mode. That’s the main reason prevailing wisdom says to storage charge. I don’t honestly think it hurts the lipos to keep them full. I think it’s more about storage safety. Just my 2 pecos

@Notorious J the one bit of caution I would give is that fully charged lipos are holding way more energy than storage mode. That’s the main reason prevailing wisdom says to storage charge. I don’t honestly think it hurts the lipos to keep them full. I think it’s more about storage safety. Just my 2 pecos
Good point and well taken. The batteries are in a special bag and always in the garage. When we start to park in the garage, the bag will stay in a cellar that is basically a concrete shroud. Worst that can happen in there is some drinks we store might get a little warm from the fire, but the house will be protected. It's about 10 feet from the back wall, so even if they go, almost no chance of anything else igniting. Maybe an ammo box in the near future.

Good point and well taken. The batteries are in a special bag and always in the garage. When we start to park in the garage, the bag will stay in a cellar that is basically a concrete shroud. Worst that can happen in there is some drinks we store might get a little warm from the fire, but the house will be protected. It's about 10 feet from the back wall, so even if they go, almost no chance of anything else igniting. Maybe an ammo box in the near future.
That sounds like you’re well prepared. I didn’t doubt you were. I just think we should be careful with our advice on lipos and make sure we give a full account of how storing them is as important as charging. ??

I've only storage charged a couple of times in two years of bashing. After I run my rigs, I charge them back up full, not knowing when the next time I'll use them. I don't have the time and energy to try to save some small incremental damage I might be doing, but I still use my gensacearespammers 3s 5000 50c that I bought Christmas of 2017, and it doesn't seem to run much different than the two newer ones of the same make and size I bought in November of 2018. Like someone else mentioned, I'm also starting to buy cheaper batteries like HRB, cause for bashing, the difference is only in the eye of the beholder. If I was racing, I'd probably see things differently.
Similar, I did this for YEARS with 2S packs ... with no issues. I am Storage Charging now. I don't like that you have to charge before you play - kinda like starin' at a candy bar but you can't eat it.

Similar, I did this for YEARS with 2S packs ... with no issues. I am Storage Charging now. I don't like that you have to charge before you play - kinda like starin' at a candy bar but you can't eat it.
Well.... Hopefully they'll be ok. I've got 4 3s packs and 36s packs. These electric trucks are my first... Bought them within 2 months so I'll see...

Mine sit for a couple days at a time. I try to plan ahead. Watch the weather if Thursday looks good I will charge the night before. If I don't use it... I usually take it to work and burn it up at lunch or drive around the basement for a bit to drain it faster lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back