Kraton Ive heard the v4 radio was crap, but c'mon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boamedt

Reaction score
Well that was not fun. After a successful run on tues with the v4 kraton, i took the car out for a drive on my break at work today bcuz the rain cleared up for today. Turned the radio on. Turned the car on. Turned the wheels, everything fine. Give it a little gas, everything fine. Then it just took off and hit hit a parked car and snapped the front of the chassis off and who else knows what. I heard these radios were crap, but it worked fine on tues. Am i guessing correctly arrma wont do anything about this and im on my own?

20190517_111526.jpg

My car would randomly take off on its own when I turned the TX off but it wasn't the new radios it was the old ones.. Not sure its the TX but more so the RX and interference of some kind.

I reset my failsafe as soon as I got my granite with the tactic radio.

These new radios are going to get someone hurt...what are they trying to do, see how many lawsuits they can get caught up with?

Well for educational purposes, where is the fail safe?
To check if it's set raise the wheels off the ground, turn on radio, then truck, then shut the radio off. If the wheels start moving it's not set.

It's on the receiver. To set open the receiver box there's a small recessed button you need to press with a small hex driver , tooothpick, or whatever. Turn on your radio then turn on the truck. Press and hold the button until the light flashes 3 times.

That really sucks! I'Ve had this happen with the tower hobby branded radio / receivers of yesteryear. The random run away car is not fun. Thankfully it was a Tamiya which weighed 4 pounds and not my Kraton.

That really sucks! I'Ve had this happen with the tower hobby branded radio / receivers of yesteryear. The random run away car is not fun. Thankfully it was a Tamiya which weighed 4 pounds and not my Kraton.
My first experience with an improperly set fail safe was with my HPI Baja 5B. When it was new and gas powered, I had it set for full brake. I then converted it to electric and forgot to reset the fail safe. The batteries in my transmitter died and there it went. A 22 pound, 8S rig going full reverse. That was definitely interesting to say the least. Now I make sure to check them every month or so except for on my crawlers.

Sorry to hear about your kraton. Iv got a v4 kraton and i had a big glitch lost control at about 30mph truck wouldn't respond and shot off on its own luckily into long grass jest missing a tree .i think mine has a range issue glitches a lot worse over 60 meters away .veary dangerus for such a fast truck .think its the crappy spectrum set up .hearing nothing but bad comments .getting a new controler and receiver to replace mine . After seeing whats happend to yours. Im geting it asap . .

But.. But.. RTR! :p
Aren’t you glad you left the hobby? ?
I would suggest everyone take their new truck and put it on a stand. Run only a 3s or4s battery. Wheels off the ground, turn on radio and then truck. Hold onto truck and turn off radio. See what happens. I’ve never had an Arrma take off full speed when I’ve done that so the failsafe was set at factory. If your truck starts hauling ass when you turn off the radio, set the failsafe ASAP.

There was previous thread on the new radios and the fact there's not even a manual on their site for the receiver and nothing for the radio in its manual showing how to set any kind of failsafe on them. Total piece of crap. They couldn't even put foam on the wheel on those things.

This doesn't sound like a fail safe error to me. The controller was on, this is the only the second time it has been ran by me, and it was brand new batteries. The controller was still on after it crashed. It just took off right as i was about to pull the accelerator. Except brakes didnt work, turning didnt work and i literally just checked them as i always do, before i ever go anywhere. No response from the radio until after it crashed

Had this problem with different brand and turned out it was the receiver not the radio... maybe bad receivers?

Im not sure how it worked fine the first day and decided to go crazy the next. I sent arrma an email but i doubt they will help

When you turn off your transmitter and your truck takes off then your failsafe isnt set..If there is any kind of interruption between the receiver and the transmitter, then essentially isn’t that the same as turning off your transmitter?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back