Kraton Ive heard the v4 radio was crap, but c'mon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Kraton stopped working today. I get about 50 feet away and she just stops like it is out of range. Once I get closer it starts working. Steering is really slow and does not want to return to center. It is not even a week old. Got it on Friday. I replaced the controller battery’s still same issue. Checked Rx antenna wire, not pinched or broken. Something took a dump.

what would be a good radio and transmitter upgrade?

I got the radiolink RC4GS combo on Amazon and am very happy with it. It was very cheap which worried me at first but it seems like it's going to hold up well enough and instantly resolved all my problems work the stock radio.

Wow , after reading this thread , I have only driven my new Typhon V4 once , but before this possibly happens to mine , I have a Futaba 3PV setup w/ 4 receivers ( 3 in cars I race ) have 1 extra receiver sitting around , maybe should throw it into the Typhon . Just wondering how good the range is on the Futaba .

Wow , after reading this thread , I have only driven my new Typhon V4 once , but before this possibly happens to mine , I have a Futaba 3PV setup w/ 4 receivers ( 3 in cars I race ) have 1 extra receiver sitting around , maybe should throw it into the Typhon . Just wondering how good the range is on the Futaba .
Futaba radios have some of the best range that I have seen. I have the 4PLS and 4PM and they have enough range to the point that I don't feel safe driving them since I can't see anything around the car. I had an issue with range on one car, but that was because I bunched the antenna up inside the receiver box, which they specifically say not to do, and then I only had about 75 feet of range. After I ran the antenna out the issue was gone and I now only get the antenna-less receivers so that I do not have that issue again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back