Kraton Ive heard the v4 radio was crap, but c'mon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to carefully drive my Notorious on the court where I live . Kids loved it. Now im wiser and more careful. I'll be getting a better radio even though I have no issues,,, yet.
I will. Looking at fly sky or better spektrum with some gadgets. Maybe $150.

I used to carefully drive my Notorious on the court where I live . Kids loved it. Now im wiser and more careful. I'll be getting a better radio even though I have no issues,,, yet.
I will. Looking at fly sky or better spektrum with some gadgets. Maybe $150.
Spektrum have lost my business too. No thanks. Good lesson for anyone with a business, don't sell crap knowingly and blame the customer for your crap. Thats how you lose customers for life. Neither company will ever see another dime from me ever again and hope to spread the word to let people know what they really sell

Spektrum have lost my business too. No thanks. Good lesson for anyone with a business, don't sell crap knowingly and blame the customer for your crap. Thats how you lose customers for life. Neither company will ever see another dime from me ever again and hope to spread the word to let people know what they really sell

Like many manufacturers, Spektrum sells a variety of radios. The STX2 is the cheapest one they sell and 3 minutes of internet research would turn up the fact that it is a lousy radio. Arrma didn't sneak it into the box. It's right there for everyone to see. Like I posted earlier, mine never left the hobbyshop. I have a DX5 Rugged that I'm very happy with. This is a mid-level Spektrum radio. Prior to that I had a DX5C and a DX3. Never had a problem with any of them.

I still can't believe you didn't even put up a fight with Horizon Hobby. You say neither company will see another dime from you yet you just plunked down $200 to fix a car from a company you hate. None of this makes any sense to me.

Like many manufacturers, Spektrum sells a variety of radios. The STX2 is the cheapest one they sell and 3 minutes of internet research would turn up the fact that it is a lousy radio. Arrma didn't sneak it into the box. It's right there for everyone to see. Like I posted earlier, mine never left the hobbyshop. I have a DX5 Rugged that I'm very happy with. This is a mid-level Spektrum radio. Prior to that I had a DX5C and a DX3. Never had a problem with any of them.

I still can't believe you didn't even put up a fight with Horizon Hobby. You say neither company will see another dime from you yet you just plunked down $200 to fix a car from a company you hate. None of this makes any sense to me.
Like the title says, i heard it was bad, but not unusable.
I bought all the parts from jenny's rc, not arrma or horizon. Yes i no they are arrma parts but they were already bought by jennys and resold to me for cheaper. So i didnt give arrma any more of my money. From here on out anything that breaks gets an aftermaket replacement from people who make quality part. It seems like most arrmas on here have about 25% of there original parts left. I can see why. Next time i buy an rc car i will just go with a quality kit from the beginning like i was going to. And i plan on emailing them back with a response, i just haven't worded it correctly yet. The fact that its called ready to run is a fallacy to begin with. You will not have very good luck taking it out of the box and putting a battery in and go. Thats not ready to run, thats ready to break. And the cheapest radio should be with the cheapest car, not on the most expensive one

Like the title says, i heard it was bad, but not unusable.
I bought all the parts from jenny's rc, not arrma or horizon. Yes i no they are arrma parts but they were already bought by jennys and resold to me for cheaper. So i didnt give arrma any more of my money. From here on out anything that breaks gets an aftermaket replacement from people who make quality part. It seems like most arrmas on here have about 25% of there original parts left. I can see why. Next time i buy an rc car i will just go with a quality kit from the beginning like i was going to. And i plan on emailing them back with a response, i just haven't worded it correctly yet. The fact that its called ready to run is a fallacy to begin with. You will not have very good luck taking it out of the box and putting a battery in and go. Thats not ready to run, thats ready to break. And the cheapest radio should be with the cheapest car, not on the most expensive one

Funny you should say that because that's exactly what I did. I ran it stock at a BMX park. I even lawn-darted it into the ground from 25 feet or so. Broke a few things but far less than you did running yours full speed into an immovable object.

Check it out and tell me the trucks aren't tuff. Again, assuming you do t pile into a parked car or whatever you did. By the way, what radio did you do with?

Funny you should say that because that's exactly what I did. I ran it stock at a BMX park. I even lawn-darted it into the ground from 25 feet or so. Broke a few things but far less than you did running yours full speed into an immovable object.

Check it out and tell me the trucks aren't tuff. Again, assuming you do t pile into a parked car or whatever you did. By the way, what radio did you do with?
I got the radionlink rc4gs remote. I remember watching that video when i was looking at the talion. You get some great air! I know they are tufd and nothing is full bore into an immovable object tuff. I didnt expect that. And i don't hate my arrma vehicle. In the one time i drove it, it was a blast. Thats what i expected. Now i did not expect the car to take off and commit suicide right when i was about to drive it the 2nd time. I wont buy another one, but i wont discourage anyone though. Just warn them about the remote and help them set it up so it doesn't do what mine did. With so much you need to do to the car, that a first time rc car buyer would have no idea, it was not ready to run. I really couldnt recomend an arrma for a first car to anyone. Based on the setup that the manual suggested, i should have been fine. But it wasnt. Lesson learned, i will just build my own next time so i know everything is set up correctly from the get go(how the arrmas should come, and as a new car buyer thought they did)

Last edited:
I got the radionlink rc4gs remote. I remember watching that video when i was looking at the talion. You get some great air! I know they are tufd and nothing is full bore into an immovable object tuff. I didnt expect that. And i don't hate my arrma vehicle. In the one time i drove it, it was a blast. Thats what i expected. Now i did not expect the car to take off and commit suicide right when i was about to drive it the 2nd time. I wont buy another one, but i wont discourage anyone though. Just warn them about the remote and help them set it up so it doesn't do what mine did. With so much you need to do to the car, that a first time rc car buyer would have no idea, it was not ready to run. I really couldnt recomend an arrma for a first car to anyone. Based on the setup that the manual suggested, i should have been fine. But it wasnt. Lesson learned, i will just build my own next time so i know everything is set up correctly from the get go(how the arrmas should come, and as a new car buyer thought they did)
I’ll buy it from u if u want to get rid of it

I have posted elsewhere on the forum about my radio issues, but figured I'd throw my two cents in here. This sounds like an issue similar to what I was experiencing which was the car would sorta lag and hold inputs for and extra second or two after changing the inputs, and it was completely random when it would happen. For example I once was just bashing around the parking lot at work, drove down to one end hit the brakes then went to turn around so I gave it some gas and turned to the.left, then when I straightened out the wheel the car proceeded to continue holding the left hand turn with a minor amount of gas for an extra second or two, which obviously caused me alarm so I gave it full right and brake but it still took that second or two to respond. It doesn't seem like a failsafe issue to me because I did the failsafe test of turning off my controller and the car doesn't move, plus my understanding is that a default failsafe would send the car back to neutral inputs causing it to do a straight forward coast if it's moving, which is not what I have experienced. It seems.like to me the issue resides in whatever convert the radio transmission to the voltage signal that get sent to the receivers channels, since what I seemed to experience was the signals getting "latched" for an extended period of time.

I have now installed the radiolink 4 channel combo and have been very happy with that since it has not done any glitching in 4 times I've run it with the new Tx/Rx, where as before I would literally have it happen at least once every time I went out. Plus I wouldn't have expected it but the aftermarket controller does feel noticably nicer than stock. Thanks to those that recommended me that equipment.

What would you recommend as a first car then? A kit??

I have posted elsewhere on the forum about my radio issues, but figured I'd throw my two cents in here. This sounds like an issue similar to what I was experiencing which was the car would sorta lag and hold inputs for and extra second or two after changing the inputs, and it was completely random when it would happen. For example I once was just bashing around the parking lot at work, drove down to one end hit the brakes then went to turn around so I gave it some gas and turned to the.left, then when I straightened out the wheel the car proceeded to continue holding the left hand turn with a minor amount of gas for an extra second or two, which obviously caused me alarm so I gave it full right and brake but it still took that second or two to respond. It doesn't seem like a failsafe issue to me because I did the failsafe test of turning off my controller and the car doesn't move, plus my understanding is that a default failsafe would send the car back to neutral inputs causing it to do a straight forward coast if it's moving, which is not what I have experienced. It seems.like to me the issue resides in whatever convert the radio transmission to the voltage signal that get sent to the receivers channels, since what I seemed to experience was the signals getting "latched" for an extended period of time.

I have now installed the radiolink 4 channel combo and have been very happy with that since it has not done any glitching in 4 times I've run it with the new Tx/Rx, where as before I would literally have it happen at least once every time I went out. Plus I wouldn't have expected it but the aftermarket controller does feel noticably nicer than stock. Thanks to those that recommended me that equipment.
Its similar for sure, but i wasnt touching any controls when it just took off. But as you said when i tried to brake or turn to save it from crashing, the car did not respond to my input until after the crash. It all happened so suddenly. And i did the failsafe test after the crash and it seemed fine. I duno

Its similar for sure, but i wasnt touching any controls when it just took off. But as you said when i tried to brake or turn to save it from crashing, the car did not respond to my input until after the crash. It all happened so suddenly. And i did the failsafe test after the crash and it seemed fine. I duno
This was using the stock radio correct?

What would you recommend as a first car then? A kit??
Duno maybe an arrma roller. I didnt know they had those, and im guessing people newish to rc cars wouldnt know that either. With a kit you would get a very intimate understanding of everything as you put it together and learned how things work. You would also most likely not end up with an improperly setup servo and throttle control as you set it up yourself and can watch many youtube videos. Or a crappy remote not worth the packaging it came in. You also wouldnt waste money on sub par electronics (part of the price of the arrma) and plastic chassis braces, or soft cast aluminum. instead you at least would be getting middle of the range components to start you out( no need to go all out on ur first car). So instead of paying $600 for the arrma a 4-500$ kit would be obviously better quality to begin with. Of course more money in the long run but way worth it. I have already spent almost $1300 dollars for the car, new radio, all the parts to fix it, battery and charger. Definitely could of made a nice kit for that
This was using the stock radio correct?
Yes it was

Duno maybe an arrma roller. I didnt know they had those, and im guessing people newish to rc cars wouldnt know that either. With a kit you would get a very intimate understanding of everything as you put it together and learned how things work. You would also most likely not end up with an improperly setup servo and throttle control as you set it up yourself and can watch many youtube videos. Or a crappy remote not worth the packaging it came in. You also wouldnt waste money on sub par electronics (part of the price of the arrma) and plastic chassis braces, or soft cast aluminum. instead you at least would be getting middle of the range components to start you out( no need to go all out on ur first car). So instead of paying $600 for the arrma a 4-500$ kit would be obviously better quality to begin with. Of course more money in the long run but way worth it. I have already spent almost $1300 dollars for the car, new radio, all the parts to fix it, battery and charger. Definitely could of made a nice kit for that

Yes it was

Like an old wise man once said... “buy cheap pay twice” nothing in RC is a bargain, if they don’t get you up front they get you on the back end

Just a quick question...Is this the combo youre referring to?

http://www.dragonrc.com.au/mobile/Product.aspx?id=38531

The radio and receiver need to be sent to Horizon Hobby so they can see what is going on. While you may have wrecked your truck, what would have happened if it hit a little kid instead of a parked car? It hit hard enough to snap the front of the chassis off. That takes some incredible force and could have killed a small child. The truck could have shot off into traffic causing a fatal car crash as someone tries to avoid it. @Boamedt you must send the faulty radio and receiver in. They need to find out what is going on and if needed, issue a recall. They should also provide you with a new truck. It is beyond my comprehension how you could just let this slide. If needed, send it to me and I'll send it in. I'll pay for the shipping. That's how strongly I feel about this. Arrma can't have 60mph trucks out there that can take off at full speed without any user input and the failsafe correctly set. That's exactly what happened to you.

The radio and receiver need to be sent to Horizon Hobby so they can see what is going on. While you may have wrecked your truck, what would have happened if it hit a little kid instead of a parked car? It hit hard enough to snap the front of the chassis off. That takes some incredible force and could have killed a small child. The truck could have shot off into traffic causing a fatal car crash as someone tries to avoid it. @Boamedt you must send the faulty radio and receiver in. They need to find out what is going on and if needed, issue a recall. They should also provide you with a new truck. It is beyond my comprehension how you could just let this slide. If needed, send it to me and I'll send it in. I'll pay for the shipping. That's how strongly I feel about this. Arrma can't have 60mph trucks out there that can take off at full speed without any user input and the failsafe correctly set. That's exactly what happened to you.
I sent them an emial saying i will send the reciever and remote to them. Then quoted your part about hitting a child or going into traffic. Then i attached some of the pics i put up here.

I sent them an emial saying i will send the reciever and remote to them. Then quoted your part about hitting a child or going into traffic. Then i attached some of the pics i put up here.
Let me know what they say.

This is called the big picture and all points made are extremely valid.
Interesting to say the least.

Let me know what they say.
Jay,

We certainly appreciate you reaching out to product support and we certainly understand the potential hazards associate with the hobby.
In order for us to diagnose and determine defects and possible warranty efforts. It would need send in with a detailed description of issues in the service notes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back