I've learned a new painting trick....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adidas303

Rocky Mountain High!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
I'm just curious how many others have learned or know about a trick to be able to paint plastic parts!? The painting trick I've recently learned about, needs Etching Primer, which is mostly found at Automotive Stores.

So far, anything plastic like A Arms F/R or Rims as examples, can be sprayed with Etching Primer (Self Etching) and I've been using Acrylic Paints, to paint back over them in what ever color you see fit or color scheme you are trying to for!!

Showing a rim of my Outcast 6S I've painted recently....

Definitely not the best with a paint brush, but it's been a lot of fun trying to think of some good color combinations!!

Attachments

• 20191030_210628.jpg
    20191030_210628.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 20191030_210611.jpg
    20191030_210611.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 77
Picture or it didnt happen!
I'm just curious how many others have learned or know about a trick to be able to paint plastic parts!? The painting trick I've recently learned about, needs Etching Primer, which is mostly found at Automotive Stores.

So far, anything plastic like A Arms F/R or Rims as examples, can be sprayed with Etching Primer (Self Etching) and I've been using Acrylic Paints, to paint back over them in what ever color you see fit or color scheme you are trying to for!!

Definitely not the best with a paint brush, but it's been a lot of fun trying to think of some good color combinations!!
Those look pretty good!

Nice work and detail. I dabbled in painting the wheels at one time, but the type of bashing I do destroys it all. I might fool around with the idea again on the Typhon 3s, as I don't expect to use it the same way I do my Noto/OC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back