I've learned a new painting trick....

adidas303

Rocky Mountain High!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Infraction, Limitless, Outcast 6s, Typhon 6s
I'm just curious how many others have learned or know about a trick to be able to paint plastic parts!? The painting trick I've recently learned about, needs Etching Primer, which is mostly found at Automotive Stores.

So far, anything plastic like A Arms F/R or Rims as examples, can be sprayed with Etching Primer (Self Etching) and I've been using Acrylic Paints, to paint back over them in what ever color you see fit or color scheme you are trying to for!!

Showing a rim of my Outcast 6S I've painted recently....

Definitely not the best with a paint brush, but it's been a lot of fun trying to think of some good color combinations!!

Attachments

98jdmcivic

Active Military
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast 6s
Picture or it didnt happen!
I'm just curious how many others have learned or know about a trick to be able to paint plastic parts!? The painting trick I've recently learned about, needs Etching Primer, which is mostly found at Automotive Stores.

So far, anything plastic like A Arms F/R or Rims as examples, can be sprayed with Etching Primer (Self Etching) and I've been using Acrylic Paints, to paint back over them in what ever color you see fit or color scheme you are trying to for!!

Definitely not the best with a paint brush, but it's been a lot of fun trying to think of some good color combinations!!
Those look pretty good!

Notorious J

Happy to be a part of the Arrma Forum family
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Just outside of Toronto Canada (Sorry,eh😉)
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton 6s, Notorious, Outcast 6s, Typhon 6s, Typhon 3s

Nice work and detail. I dabbled in painting the wheels at one time, but the type of bashing I do destroys it all. I might fool around with the idea again on the Typhon 3s, as I don't expect to use it the same way I do my Noto/OC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RC-RAD Lesson Learned: Double Check You’re in Storage Mode Electronics 7
Grasshopper72 Senton Lesson learned Arrma 4x4 13
RELIC1 Kraton Lesson learned Arrma 6s BLX 10
Vmabuck Granite Lesson learned.. Arrma 4x4 5