Kraton I've never been so satisfied to destroy my RC ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltystevo

Reaction score
So this was my first bash day with my new to me kraton and it was a blast even though I really F'd it up! First half of the session was launching it off a decent dirt ramp and tooling around. That was awesome and surprisingly did my first backflip and front flip! Kraton took a few nice hits here and there but this truck is really solid and performed excellent. Then a suggestion of "let's take it to the street and open it up" was mentioned so we did. Third pass I clipped the neighbors 4x4 mailbox post at the rear wheel. It basically exploded and a arm pin, swaybar and driveshaft went hurling 50 feet down the street onto the other side of the street woods line. Amazingly I found every part. Looking for suggestions. I think I can just jb weld the diff case screw area, hammer flat the shock tower and replace the rear suspension hanger part. How many times did you bend your tower back before you just bought a gka or voltage Hobbies, etc tower?
And the rear suspension hanger... How often do they go? Is that a must have aftermarket part as well?
Here's the damage.

Was a good time! ?
Oh and bent the rear a arm pin also

I'd definitely replace the case. Esiest way is to buy a complete one from a kit breaker like Jenny's. Then you have a spare dif as well. Shock towers can be aligned pretty easily.

So I the RR metal pin holder for $5 and my ride would be fixed. Diff case is fine but I might add some jb weld after in. I am going to probably buy the case cover for $10... I don't think Jenny's has anything in stock.
So I'm saying to myself does buying the set of the RR and RF rear a arm mounts from gka for $40 worth it when I can get a rear tower for the same cost and just fix my RR mount with a $5 stock part.
Or is this a problem area that needs a aftermarket?
And I could always just buy the RR from Voltage for $20 if they even have it in stock.
It appears to me that when driving forwards only the RR mount will take the hit and not the RF mount.

I'd definitely replace the case. Esiest way is to buy a complete one from a kit breaker like Jenny's. Then you have a spare dif as well. Shock towers can be aligned pretty easily.

What does this mean... New Talion Outcast pinion? Are the Outcast, Talion and kraton rear diffs the same?

What does this mean... New Talion Outcast pinion? Are the Outcast, Talion and kraton rear diffs the same?
They're not new models, they're new parts. They don't use commas in their ads. It's just saying that they are new, unused parts.

Replace the diff case/bulkhead, flatten the tower back out, replace the hinge pin brace with stock.

I like sticking with the cheap stock towers off ebay on my outcast because I'd rather bend a tower than break the stupid diff case/bulkhead because the tower was so strong. I haven't had any issue with the stock rear hinge pin holders. I've broken the stock upper/rear holder and replaced that with a VR upgrade.

I mean, if you hit something inanimate at 50mph, stuff is going to break/bend regardless how much $ you throw at it. With most RC's for toughness, I put must of my money in the core of the truck and accept that the things that stick out are going to break/bend at some point. Towers, arms are things I consider "wear" items. :)

My stock hinge pin holders over time wore out, my rr was so bad I could almost fit 2 pins in the hole.

So I the RR metal pin holder for $5 and my ride would be fixed. Diff case is fine but I might add some jb weld after in. I am going to probably buy the case cover for $10... I don't think Jenny's has anything in stock.
So I'm saying to myself does buying the set of the RR and RF rear a arm mounts from gka for $40 worth it when I can get a rear tower for the same cost and just fix my RR mount with a $5 stock part.
Or is this a problem area that needs a aftermarket?
And I could always just buy the RR from Voltage for $20 if they even have it in stock.
It appears to me that when driving forwards only the RR mount will take the hit and not the RF mount.

FYI- @Saltystevo - be careful with #VoltageHobbies b/c I ordered my Servo Mount in February and I still haven't received it from them yet.
Its been almost a month and I can't even get a response out of the company to let me know whats the hold-up. If they are too lazy to respond to my emails that I have been sending I have no problem taking my BIZ somewhere else like - Just BashItRC or m2cracing!! What's really frustrating is there has been Zero communication with Voltage and they will not respond to any of my emails I send them.

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 9.04.53 AM.png

FYI- @Saltystevo - be careful with #VoltageHobbies b/c I ordered my Servo Mount in February and I still haven't received it from them yet.
Its been almost a month and I can't even get a response out of the company to let me know whats the hold-up. If they are too lazy to respond to my emails that I have been sending I have no problem taking my BIZ somewhere else like - Just BashItRC or m2cracing!! What's really frustrating is there has been Zero communication with Voltage and they will not respond to any of my emails I send them.

View attachment 70107
If they don't reply , do a charge back. Order from either of the 2 you listed. I ordered from m2c racing and i am happy. From what i heard voltage is going into a different area in the industry and wont be making parts anymore

If they don't reply , do a charge back. Order from either of the 2 you listed. I ordered from m2c racing and i am happy. From what i heard voltage is going into a different area in the industry and wont be making parts anymore
thanks for the update, I SURE HOPE they send me the servo clamp that I paid $20.00 for from over a month ago.

Im sure they will. 1 month is really not to low but i know feels forever when in need /want. After 2 to 3 months without any response in when i would look to take further action. Im sure they wont beat you as they had a great supportive community here

View attachment 70107
Do a chargeback now, @crimsonfancy and @Mongoose both are dealing with the same thing from Voltage.

Im sure they will. 1 month is really not to low but i know feels forever when in need /want. After 2 to 3 months without any response in when i would look to take further action. Im sure they wont beat you as they had a great supportive community here

The reason in this case a month is too long is because they've always been responsive to customer service and always shipped within 36 hours what they listed as in stock. I've contacted PayPal twice and they're on it but just have to wait the grace period after contacting.

Wow. Yea , in that case chargeback asap! I was being nice because i really don't know all the details. I never tolerate bad business. Pretty sad since they were well liked

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back