Kraton I've waited for the fallout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
Well I've waited for all the fall out ,, on the Kraton 8s , I've heard it all , motor not enuff , chassis bending , , braces breaking , still I'm not intimidated , I've been in this additction for 25 years , I'm ready to fix anything , but what I want to no is ,,,, what are the real fixes hear , I've heard a couple chassis solutions , and the hot racing g braces , and esc n motor options , but again ,,, what are the real fixes , I'm ready to purchase this thing , and apply tools right out of the box , but a little detection is always nice , so , let's have it guys !!! And thank you for your time and ideas , it's greatly appreciated ,,ARRMA RULES !!!!

Well I've waited for all the fall out ,, on the Kraton 8s , I've heard it all , motor not enuff , chassis bending , , braces breaking , still I'm not intimidated , I've been in this additction for 25 years , I'm ready to fix anything , but what I want to no is ,,,, what are the real fixes hear , I've heard a couple chassis solutions , and the hot racing g braces , and esc n motor options , but again ,,, what are the real fixes , I'm ready to purchase this thing , and apply tools right out of the box , but a little detection is always nice , so , let's have it guys !!! And thank you for your time and ideas , it's greatly appreciated ,,ARRMA RULES !!!!
I'm not sure what Hot Racing g braces are. What I would do is get some CF tubing from Amazon and a 23t-25t pinion. Grab some 20 mil diff fluid for the center diff. Start with that. Here are the spares I would get:

ARA320492 WING MOUNT
ARA330567 COMPOSITE BALL CUP SET
ARA330569 SHOCK ROD END & SPRING PERCH SET (4 SHOCKS)
ARA330574 SHOCK SHAFT 5x102mm (2pcs)
ARA330575 SHOCK SHAFT 5x97mm (2pcs)
ARA330590 REAR LOWER SUSPENSION ARMS (1 Pair)
ARA729000 C CLIP 15mm (4pc)
ARA310936 GASKET (4pcs)
ARA320479 SKID PLATE SET
ARA320486 GEARBOX SILICONE SEAL SET
ARA703016 FLAT HEAD HEX MACHINE SCREW M3.5X16MM (10PCS)
****The front arms are pretty sturdy unless you run the truck into something. They usually won't break on a landing unless it's a really bad one. That's why I didn't list them****

As far as aftermarket stuff, it depends on what you plan on doing with the truck. Big air then get an M2C or JBI chassis. If you want gobs of power than there are various ESC and motor combos as well as motor mounts to fit the bigger motors. But I'd suggest starting with the bigger pinion and the carbon fiber tubing for the braces. Run it and see what you think ???

I was referring to the brand Hot Racing , they do some good stuff , I've got my 6s tottaly updated with there stuff , there going to have the chassis braces for the 8s soon , as soon as I open that box , I'm changing the motor and esc , we've got a guy at our track that runs a 8s it definitely could use more power, but then again I'm not driveing , this chassis bending is scary stuff , it could mess up alot if other stuff , I'm wondering if braces will help at all , I'm litteraly ready to get this thing on it's way to my place right now , I appreciate your input greatly !
What's this graphite over the support rods ? And where are they found

I was referring to the brand Hot Racing , they do some good stuff , I've got my 6s tottaly updated with there stuff , there going to have the chassis braces for the 8s soon , as soon as I open that box , I'm changing the motor and esc , we've got a guy at our track that runs a 8s it definitely could use more power, but then again I'm not driveing , this chassis bending is scary stuff , it could mess up alot if other stuff , I'm wondering if braces will help at all , I'm litteraly ready to get this thing on it's way to my place right now , I appreciate your input greatly !
What's this graphite over the support rods ? And where are they found
Go to the top of the main K8s page on this forum and you'll find a stickied thread with a list of available hop ups.
here is a link to a 3 piece carbon bundle. comes with the tube in the bundle.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARRMA-KRAT...ent-Under-chassis-reinforcement-/324036690098

I really like that set , thanx sooooo much , I was thinking a clear chassis skin , but I think I'll do the brace kit awesome thanks !!! I also like the duct tape n hammer idea , I use duct tape inside all my bodies for strength , it works grrrreat ! As for the hammer I'm hoping there's no need to administer that anytime soon

Last edited:
ARA703016 FLAT HEAD HEX MACHINE SCREW M3.5X16MM (10PCS) <-----Where can I get these in stainless steel? I found them in M3 and M4.

ARA703016 FLAT HEAD HEX MACHINE SCREW M3.5X16MM (10PCS) <-----Where can I get these in stainless steel? I found them in M3 and M4.
Stainless is soft. Just a heads up. They will strip or snap.

No need for esc or motor change. 23-25 tooth will make the truck fly.

Tap the existing holes to 4mm and ditch the 3.5.

Tap the existing holes to 4mm and ditch the 3.5.
[/QUOTE]

Nice! I think I will do that. Thank you!

Sounds like you've been in it for a while I'm rather new to the hobby I can fix anything however when it comes to electronics I'm still a newbie have a Creighton 8 Love it ran it for 2 days parked it brought it home unplugged it charged the batteries put the charge batteries back in and now it won't start All I get is a green light and then a blinking red light I tried to rewind it I can't find an orange light I can hold the reset button and get two beeps three beeps four beeps five beats etc however I can never get it to remind any help is greatly appreciated I waited an hour online for horizon yesterday and never heard a word....... Looking for help here

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back