January 2022 Rig of the Month (RotM) Contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Granite 4x4 BLX with Proline 1966 Ford F100 body

IMG_0959.jpg

Yes...it does come off a bit when bashing and after a few more all off. It only takes a few minutes to trace them out on each time...easy to do.

I use oil-based like this one is a fine tip and other is extra fine tip
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Art-Supp...e-Medium-Point-Oil-Based-Paint-Marker/p/64215
Thanks, well that sharpie oil based will come off, probably because of the compound, but I will try that with nail polish, I used to do the marking on my guns with it, never came of but it's Metal, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Even with the Hoons, the white lettering comes off and looks like heck. No getting around it. I tried to fix them up. My hands aren't that steady.:LOL:

Thanks, well that sharpie oil based will come off, probably because of the compound, but I will try that with nail polish, I used to do the marking on my guns with it, never came of but it's Metal, I'll let you know how it turns out.
Yes...let me know. It will come off takes me 2-3 min per tire so not a long process so I never think about it. If you do find a long-term way....please share those results.

Thx

Yes...let me know. It will come off takes me 2-3 min per tire so not a long process so I never think about it. If you do find a long-term way....please share those results.

Thx
+1 on that ☝. I also paint my letters alot. I clear coated just the sidewalls on mine after hitting with paint pen. Well the "MX" and I haven't had to repaint them.
This chick sitting here looking over my shoulder said you should get the gel nail paint. Less likely to crack. And doesn't run as bad. 🤷.

+1 on that ☝. I also paint my letters alot. I clear coated just the sidewalls on mine after hitting with paint pen. Well the "MX" and I haven't had to repaint them.
This chick sitting here looking over my shoulder said you should get the gel nail paint. Less likely to crack. And doesn't run as bad. 🤷.
*will take note

My Man....what clear coat did you use...paint, nail polish...?

“Do not submit photos taken using portrait mode (up and down). These photos are unusable for the Rig of the Month, and it's simply bad practice to begin with.”

I think that last sentences is one of the funniest things I’ve ever read...guess someone isn't into the art or appreciate some of the most famous photographers/photos in history 😂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back