Kraton JBI Kraton 8S Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Looks like it will be a race to see who gets theirs to market first! ???

FB_IMG_1576182121184.jpg

I don't know the details. I saw it on FB. I would hope it's 7075 or he won't sell many. The one thing this truck definitely doesn't need is excessive weight.

Looks like it will be a race to see who gets theirs to market first! ???

View attachment 57026
Looks like they did away with the flanged side design from the 6s. If it's 7075 then it's sure to be a contender. Would you buy one Ed if they make it first to market?

Apparently JBIC are kit breakers now too, and have 1-2 sets of K8S parts in stock. ?

Looks like they did away with the flanged side design from the 6s. If it's 7075 then it's sure to be a contender. Would you buy one Ed if they make it first to market?
I'm a pretty loyal M2C customer so probably not.

Last edited:
Ok, I just ordered one of these. Any issues doing the chassis swap? I think I heard somewhere that the there is quite a bit of loctite on some of the screws?
Use a mini torch to heat up all the screws that go into metal. The motor mount and steering post screws were the biggest concern on the 6s, but word is they switched to blue (medium) thread lock recently, so may not be as big of an issue.

I didn't have any problems. But when I tried to change pinion I had issues with overly tight screws.

I didn't have any problems. But when I tried to change pinion I had issues with overly tight screws.

Thank you! My new chassis shipped today, can't wait to change it out. This all started after I bent the front end of stock chassis, cracked one corner off the front bumper, and one of the end of the front suspension hanger. Crazy, this was my second run of this beast, and it didn't even seem like a hard collission.

Thank you! My new chassis shipped today, can't wait to change it out. This all started after I bent the front end of stock chassis, cracked one corner off the front bumper, and cracked off one of the ends of the front suspension hanger along. Crazy, this was my second run of this beast, and it didn't even seem like a hard collission.
Why JBI instead of M2C?

Why JBI instead of M2C?

Honestly, was a toss up, could have gone either way. But, I am a fit and finish person, and hearing that the JBI finishing was great, kinda sold me as well, but I don't have any experience with M2C, so I'm sure I'd be just has happy with the M2C chassis. Just love wrenching, not really a performance freak, almost needed an excuse to break the stock chassis...to prompt me to buy some AM parts; which I'm suprised I did break something, because I don't like damaging my gear, and I'm usually pretty careful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back