Vorteks JC Ford Raptor Body on Vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
I didn't know weather to post in body and paint or here, so move if necessary. My first attempt at a custom body for the vorteks mega. Thought this would have been an easy process, since I've spent 5 years in a body shop....I was mistaken. All in all it came out well. There aren't many aftermarket bodies that fit so options were limited. Let me know what you guys think! Will be doing another one after a few well needed hop ups. Also the orange wasn't my decision but I'm glad my son picked it

Attachments

• 20160213_104535.jpg
    20160213_104535.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 20160213_104514.jpg
    20160213_104514.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 20160213_104425.jpg
    20160213_104425.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 20160213_104435.jpg
    20160213_104435.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 106
Look pretty orange dutchie to me...Which is always a good thing, offcourse...;)...Don't change anything...
What kind of snags did you come across?...Because I don't see anything wrong with it...o_O

Greeting from the Netherlands,

Erik
aka Aflan

The front wheels rib the fenders at full lock. I cut so much out of the back I didn't want to mess with the front. Going to try some spacers first...last resort get some street wheels and tires. No mods were done to the chassis

since the granite and the vorteks are basically the same body except some body posts and wheels, would the granite posts help the tire rub more since the body will sit higher or would that ruin the look?

Probably. My main concern was modifying the truck beyond going back to stock. And I would like to be able to switch bodies on the fly. I'll look into the granite front posts but I allready have the body reamed for the vorteks front. I'll keep you guys posted

@slammedegcoupe I was also looking into something similar to this. I wanted to be able to change my granite into the raider and the vorteks just to change it up a little. @Steve has been helping me do the raider conversion since im a noob at rc. let me know how it goes. I want to do the vorteks next but I think its just the front and rear posts and the vorteks and some extra stuff on the side I think for the body. the exploded diagrams are still a little tricky to me but I didn't see anything else different

@slammedegcoupe I was also looking into something similar to this. I wanted to be able to change my granite into the raider and the vorteks just to change it up a little. @Steve has been helping me do the raider conversion since im a noob at rc. let me know how it goes. I want to do the vorteks next but I think its just the front and rear posts and the vorteks and some extra stuff on the side I think for the body. the exploded diagrams are still a little tricky to me but I didn't see anything else different

Thanks for the tag @upangued ! Great thread!

@slammedegcoupe What did you use to make the cuts in the body? I haven't tried anything, from a slice & dice POV, on a body yet.
I'd like to mod a body for my Vorteks to attach a GoPro/SJCAM for some FPV video action. How an action figure, like a GI Joe would see the ride.

Very sharp scissors for roughing it out. Then a fresh xacto blade for the details. If you score the body deep enough, it kind of breaks away and let's you tear it. So don't go all the way through. Hard to explain but hope it helps

Very sharp scissors for roughing it out. Then a fresh xacto blade for the details. If you score the body deep enough, it kind of breaks away and let's you tear it. So don't go all the way through. Hard to explain but hope it helps
That helps! Thanks!

Update- painted some of the accents on, ordered a set of stock vorteks wheels wich I painted white, and some pro line road rage tires. Now the body dosent rub. Waiting for some nice weather to take it back out. Enjoy and please give me feedback, good or bad =)
20160224_192949.jpg
20160224_193037.jpg
20160224_193149.jpg

Update- painted some of the accents on, ordered a set of stock vorteks wheels wich I painted white, and some pro line road rage tires. Now the body dosent rub. Waiting for some nice weather to take it back out. Enjoy and please give me feedback, good or bad =)View attachment 969View attachment 970View attachment 971
How could anyone say anything bad?
Great paint job and those tires are bad.
Wished I had half an ounce of patience and a bit of talent to do a paint job like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back